Havanese Forum banner

new beginning

839 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ruthi 
#1 ·
I wanted to say something on another thread, but, didnt want to hi jack it, so, thought I would post here. I almost left this forum after some negative things were said about me, and my pups, and what was going on in my life. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and let my feeling get hurt too easily. AS much as we all love our pups, as another forum member on here pointed out, they are not kids, and, as long as they are in a loving home, they will be fine. I totally agree with this. So, I just wanted to tell some of my story, although, I by no means post everything private on the internet.
I know there are a couple of you who dont agree with me, and you can still ignore me, if it bothers you. I had a little girl, who I loved. I worked with her for several months. She absolutely could not travel at all. I worked with the vet, trying everything. In the end, she was so bad at riding, that she drooled, threw up, and pooed all over. She would start shaking whenever she got near a car. So, I found someone who could give her a loving home, someone who didnt have to travel with her, and yes, I lost money on her, but just wanted her to be happy. I think it was the right thing to do for me as well as her. So, months later, I got another girl, who was as sweet as can be. Very smart and learned quickly. She ended up having some big health issues, allergies, and we think even ocd issues. I finally gave in and her her hair cut down, hoping it would help. Again, I took her to 2 diff vets, and nothing was helping her. So, after talking with the breeder, she wanted me to bring her back to her, and let her work with her, and take care of her. She knows my situation. I recently talked with her, and she said she is doing much better there around all the other dogs. I am so happy about that. I think she needs a home with other dogs to help with her issues. So, It was mentioned maybe I should get two of her pups, and see how they are. Well, I loved them both, and decided I would try and see how it goes. Well, ended up being adorable, of course, and smart, and both ride in a car well. But..........wow, it is a lot of work to train two, and spend time with each of them one on one. So, dd visited, and fell in love with one of them. So, she took that one home with her, which I am happy that he will be where I can watch him grow up too. So, all is well that ends well. All are happy and in loving homes.
There were a couple of comments about my decisions that supposedly left a couple of people, speechless. I hold no grudges, but, I do think we all should be supportive on here. That is what I come here for, and to learn what I can. It is fun to read about all the different dogs, and owners, and how they handle situations. I want to feel free to talk about my own situations, and not feel that I am going to be criticised for them. I like knowing if there is a problem, I can come here and many will offer suggestions. I love seeing all the pics of all the beautiful pups here.
So, just wanted to get that out there, and now I can enjoy this board and all the wonderful people on it. I truly enjoy it~:)

See less See more
#2 ·
I am not a very active member here so I was not really aware of what you wrote. I think the most important thing is that all dogs end up in loving homes that can provide what is needed in order for the dog to thrive :) And that we have a place to come to ask questions and get help so we can provide good homes to the dogs we love.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.