Havanese Forum banner

Size, Shape of adult Hav's

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jillnors2 
#1 · (Edited)
There are a lot of thread about weight, but I was wondering how big your adults Hav's were. My guys have such different shapes. Fred is tall and lean lighter bones. Bella tall and lean with lighter bones and Scuds short and husky with thick bones. What are your stats? My guys are all adults. Here are their stats:

Fred- ideal body weight 15 lbs
11.5 inches tall and 12" long neck to tail
Age- almost 7

Bella- ideal to lean body weight 6.8- 7 lbs
8.5 inches tall and 10.5 inches long
Age- 8

Scuds- at most 1/2 lb overweight 16.4 lbs
10.5 tall and 12" long
Age- almost 6

#4 ·
LOL Linda. I was also wondering if I had a super lenght puppy but then I realized measurements you gave were from neck to tail. It looks like Nina is more like Bella. When I put her weight in one of those online predictors it said Nina's adult weight is expected to be 7.2 lb.

#5 ·
I never had luck with those weight predictors. Fred was a tiny pup and turned out to be the tallest and 15 lbs. Scuds was a large pup and ended up short and 16 lbs! Some people pups are right on the mark with those weight predictors though....It will be interesting to see how she grows!

#6 ·
I agree, no way to know really. I only had the 6 lbs to go on at 6 months. she is a good eater. She looks part doxy now for sure. DH was over zealous, miss understood me and shaved all her hair off her back and belly. Poor thing. She is all naked and it makes her look even longer then she already is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.