Havanese Forum banner

Spamming

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ClaireVoyant 
#1 ·
Argh...!! How can the poster keep placing ads for computers and such, over and over and over...! I'm awfully tired of them doing that every day. Isn't there a way for the owners to block them? They do keep using different names, but... it ticks me off.

Maybe I'm the only one it is driving nuts, though?

If we ignore them, maybe they'll just go away. But, I see several people have looked at the posts this evening. Does that give "them" the drive to keep going?

#2 ·
:pound:Sheri, you mean you're not going to buy one of those deals.? \you're right though lets ignore them if we know they're spammers. I get a bounty though, for everyone I report. :(

#4 ·
Sorry everyone for all the spam that we have been receiving, and thanks to all who continue to alert us to the spam as we are not able to be everywhere on here all the time. So you guys are a huge help to us too :)

I believe the spam comes in by the titles of our threads, such as the recent thread about the the samsung android experience and some one talking about yeast infections. their little spy bots are busy telling these spammers that we are talking about these things and therefore start sling all their annoying ads our way.

So for right now the best we can do is to continue to catch and ban these people and delete these threads.

Reactions: ClaireVoyant
#6 ·
Hehehe spywear is troublesome...I usually do not report the spam until I see it the second time, that means a good amount of time has went by. For myself this year I have had my Email hacked twice and Facebook hacked by who know what/who facebook ask if it was ok to dump everything... I think my niece who was visiting NY from India will never forgive me for not responding...I never got to see original post it was that bad. Span and hackers...part of internet life for now...we can fight back:)

#7 ·
Sheri~ no it does not flood my inbox, I typically get about 4 of the members that send at any one time and the way my inbox is set up it is all condensed into one topic so I can view them all at once and once I have deleted the spam I just go back to my inbox and one button deletes all the current alerts. I go through each one to make sure that they are all for the same spam so that I can try to get all of it taken care of.

#10 ·
Another forum I joined about a year ago, takes about a week to receive confirmation of forum registration. But then, I signed up using an email address that doesn't include my name, so it might have appeared to be a spammer. But I would think, if spammers couldn't register and post immediately, they might lose patience and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.