Sophie and Vedder - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Dee Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,038
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 40 Times in 40 Posts
Sophie and Vedder

Love my hairdresser. Every time I get my hair done she locks the doors and lets our puppies play the whole time. This little guy is Vedder. He was afraid of Sophie the first 2 times but today although still leery he did play with her. She was great at bringing him out of his shell.

You can see Sophie's patches of silver on her back legs in the last pic. They show up so well because I chopped a lot of hair back there when her coat was matting so badly. They have never gotten bigger though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Q19C9601.jpg (37.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Q19C9655.jpg (43.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Q19C9657.jpg (50.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Q19C9689.jpg (41.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Q19C9692.jpg (38.8 KB, 5 views)
Dee Dee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 07:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Lisa T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 661
Submit Photo: 13
Photo Submissions 16 Times in 16 Posts
Love your pictures! Sophie is adorable.

[SIGPIC]
Lisa T. is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,470
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 296 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
Love my hairdresser. Every time I get my hair done she locks the doors and lets our puppies play the whole time. This little guy is Vedder. He was afraid of Sophie the first 2 times but today although still leery he did play with her. She was great at bringing him out of his shell.

You can see Sophie's patches of silver on her back legs in the last pic. They show up so well because I chopped a lot of hair back there when her coat was matting so badly. They have never gotten bigger though
Adorable! Pixel has a huge area of silver in her tail. I thought she was going to silver all over, but so far, it's still just her tail. Time will tell!!!

What is Vedder? He's adorable too. He almost looks like a Sheltie with short hair. I knew there were smooth coated Collies, but I didn't know Shelties came that way.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is online now  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Jackie from Concrete, WA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,117
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 75 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
What is Vedder? He's adorable too. He almost looks like a Sheltie with short hair.
I was curious about Vedder too! I thought he kind of resembled an Australian Shepherd in a way. Is he a puppy? Those pictures of Sophie and Vedder are really cute!



Jackie & Willow
Jackie from Concrete, WA is online now  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Dee Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,038
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 40 Times in 40 Posts
He is a mini Aussie he's only 4.5 months old now but he's still going to be on the small side. I have a friend with 2 mini aussies 9 months old and they weigh 35 lbs. Vedder is only 9. Doesn't he have beautiful markings. Have you guys noticed how popular mini aussies are getting I see people getting them left and right. They are cute little dogs.

He is super sweet with people but is quite defensive around other dogs. He spent the whole day leaping at her and grabbing her hair then leaping back with high pitched barks that got the hairdresser in trouble lol. Sophie kept trying to get him to play with her and he finally did but still ran to us for "home base". He's doing tons better than first time they met though.

Are Pixels silver patches on her tail alone? Sophie has the patches on bum, behind ears, a bit in her arm pits. I haven't seen them change much so am praying she doesn't silver out. I love the silver color! But I like the contrast of her dark and white face.
Dee Dee is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 398
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
What fun pictures. Looks like a good time at your hairdressers. Love the second photo. Great action shot.
Dee Dee likes this.
Laurmann2000 is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Dee Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,038
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 40 Times in 40 Posts
Little Vedder has quite a significant overbite, his lower canines are making holes in the roof of his mouth. My Dane had a huge overbite as a pup but since the lower jaw grows slower than the upper, his did straighten out to a perfect scissor bite. But am guessing smaller dogs wouldn't have that dramatic of improvement. Vet mentioned pulling bottom canines if it causes problems hopefully it won't.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Q19C9611.jpg (39.6 KB, 3 views)
Dee Dee is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,470
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 296 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
He is a mini Aussie he's only 4.5 months old now but he's still going to be on the small side. I have a friend with 2 mini aussies 9 months old and they weigh 35 lbs. Vedder is only 9. Doesn't he have beautiful markings. Have you guys noticed how popular mini aussies are getting I see people getting them left and right. They are cute little dogs.

He is super sweet with people but is quite defensive around other dogs. He spent the whole day leaping at her and grabbing her hair then leaping back with high pitched barks that got the hairdresser in trouble lol. Sophie kept trying to get him to play with her and he finally did but still ran to us for "home base". He's doing tons better than first time they met though.

Are Pixels silver patches on her tail alone? Sophie has the patches on bum, behind ears, a bit in her arm pits. I haven't seen them change much so am praying she doesn't silver out. I love the silver color! But I like the contrast of her dark and white face.
He is very cute! The Mini Aussies (the AKC ones are actually "Miniature American Shepherds now) are very much like Aussies and Border Collies in that they are very drivey, but tend to be a bit shy in dog/dog interactions. Soohie will be great at teaching him to play well with other dogs!

Pixel SO FAR only has the silver in her tail. But time will tell! I think some with only one copy of the silver gene silver quite late and stay quite dark, with just a sprinkling of silver. Pixel's obviously silver sister had a silver mask by 8 weeks.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)







Last edited by krandall; 01-19-2016 at 06:11 PM.
krandall is online now  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Ollie"s Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,548
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 58 Times in 58 Posts
I love those pics. Sophie could bring anyone out of their shell. I think Vedder is more on the correct size for a mini Auzzie. I have two in my agility class and they are much smaller than Ollie. They are like Energizer bunnies. Man are they high energy. Not the friendliest with other dogs, very possessive, one even challenged Oliver because he wanted me to ignore Ollie and pet him. They are also quite the high pitched barkers. Does Vedder bark a lot?







Ollie"s Mom is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Heather's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 3,662
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 88 Times in 87 Posts
Awww....So darling together! Looks like little Sophie has a boyfriend.

Heather, Scout, Truffles & Sparky
Heather's is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome