Pedigree with picture? - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Karen Collins
  • 1 Post By Karen Collins
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Ruby's mom
 
Eveningpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 484
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 16 Times in 16 Posts
Pedigree with picture?

I found a great resource for pictures of my pup's lineage (see link below) so now I want to make a pedigree or family tree with photos. Well I wasted a day of my life trying ridiculous apps and downloads that don't work or cost a fortune. Anyone know how to make a pedigree of their pet with photos?

Havanese Gallery - Havanese pedigree database :: Havanese pictures
Eveningpiper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,467
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 296 Times in 294 Posts
If you figure it out, let me know. I'm quite familiar with Havanese Gallery, and know how to print out a pedigree, but not with photos.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Karen Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williston, SC
Posts: 544
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to do, but Havanese gallery allows you to print pedigrees with pictures. What am I missing?


Karen Collins ~ Heartsong Havanese

http://heartsonghavanese.com









Karen Collins is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Ruby's mom
 
Eveningpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 484
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 16 Times in 16 Posts
I can't seem to figure out how to set up and print a pedigree page on the Havanese Gallery site. Any pointers are much appreciated.
Eveningpiper is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 07:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Karen Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williston, SC
Posts: 544
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningpiper View Post
I can't seem to figure out how to set up and print a pedigree page on the Havanese Gallery site. Any pointers are much appreciated.
If your puppy is in the database, then open her page and click on pedigree in the yellow bar under the top right hand corner. Once you pull up the pedigree, click pictures also in yellow bar in the top righthand corner. You should be able to print from there.
boomana likes this.


Karen Collins ~ Heartsong Havanese

http://heartsonghavanese.com









Karen Collins is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Ruby's mom
 
Eveningpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 484
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 16 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Collins View Post
If your puppy is in the database, then open her page and click on pedigree in the yellow bar under the top right hand corner. Once you pull up the pedigree, click pictures also in yellow bar in the top righthand corner. You should be able to print from there.

Thanks, that information is very helpful. I did not see the picture link in the corner. However, I still can't print a nice looking pedigree from the web page because of the layout.

Someone with photoshop skill could start a little business offering to make pretty pedigree pages with photos.

Also the Havanese Gallery website won't let you submit information on a new dog with a birthdate after 2013. I am guessing it is a glitch and I sent them a note about it.
Eveningpiper is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Karen Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williston, SC
Posts: 544
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningpiper View Post
Thanks, that information is very helpful. I did not see the picture link in the corner. However, I still can't print a nice looking pedigree from the web page because of the layout.

Someone with photoshop skill could start a little business offering to make pretty pedigree pages with photos.

Also the Havanese Gallery website won't let you submit information on a new dog with a birthdate after 2013. I am guessing it is a glitch and I sent them a note about it.
Yes, I noticed the date glitch myself. I too, sent them an email, but have not heard back from them. I'm not sure who if anyone is maintaining this site.

It would be wonderful if there was a pedigree w/ photo software were available. I just print full page photos of was many ancestors in the pedigree as possible and keep them in a 3 ring binder along with the nice AKC pedigree.
Laurmann2000 likes this.


Karen Collins ~ Heartsong Havanese

http://heartsonghavanese.com









Karen Collins is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Member
 
Chris TO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 35
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Yea, the 2013 issue is a glitch thats been there for a while as I see quite a few entries with 2013. I just finished tracing Maggie's pedigree back 5 generations ... its pretty cool ! Would be interesting to see if there are similarities with others on the forum. Here is a link to Maggie pedigree on Havanese Gallery:

Pedigree of Rockhurst's Maggie
'
Chris TO is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Ruby's mom
 
Eveningpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 484
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 16 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris TO View Post
I just finished tracing Maggie's pedigree back 5 generations ... its pretty cool ! Would be interesting to see if there are similarities with others on the forum. Here is a link to Maggie pedigree on Havanese Gallery:

Pedigree of Rockhurst's Maggie
'
Ruby's pedigree:
http://www.havanesegallery.hu/pedigree_en.php?id=40190

Our pups have the same Dad/Sire. It is lovely to see all the red dogs in that lineage.
Eveningpiper is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome