Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Maine
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Looking for thoughts & opinions -
Good morning. I originally was going to get a Havanese puppy from a very Reputable Breeder (sometime next year). But my first inclination was to adopt a rescue. It is a dilemma for me so to speak though as our first ever - dog (non-havanese) was from a breeder (reputable) and ended up with a bad immune system which resulted in many medical problems since his 10 weeks to 13 years. Many were non-breed specific related and could get no matter what the breed. But bottom line, thought I had gone the right path and it was a challenge. So we decided on a Havanese and have definitely chosen the right breeder.
But, as you can imagine, it's unnerving still. My heart really wants to Adopt and I guess my "fear" of not knowing the bloodline keeps pushing me towards a breeder. I realize one never knows and I get that. Just curious if anyone has been through similar dilemma and would love to hear some feedback. Thank you.