Join Date: Nov 2006
Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
The HCA and most members & non-members are doing just that, making sure that the breed, club and Havanese owners won't be harmed anymore, now or in the future.
Like many of you, what the HSD has put on their web site and said publically and privately in emails, is insulting at best. I personally take offense to several comments as I ONLY breed to IMPROVE. So much of what has been claimed by the HSDAA is not factual.
If "they" want to start their own breed, so be it, but don't make claims that the very breed they are coming from is less, worse, or not purebred.
So, now what?
1. Love your HAVANESE
2. Spread the word that the Havanese breed is the ONLY breed from Cuba and that it is one of the healthiest breeds around.
3. Attend the HCA National and show your support for the breed.
4. Donate items for the HCA National Specialty Auction
5. Join the HCA.
6. Allow the HCA Board of Director's to deal with AKC.
7. Educate your friends that are thinking of buying a Havanese. Let them know that most exhibitor's of Havanese are good breeder's trying to improve the breed and NOT breeding to create dogs with CD!
Most of all though, enjoy this awesome breed!