Save the Date!
Sunday, July 30th
Bring your Havanese to the GNYHC picnic, club meeting and breed booth
9th Annual Suffolk County KC Canine Experience Event
St Johnland Nursing Center,
395 Sunken Meadow Road, Kings Park, NY
Match Show, Obedience Run-Throughs, Rally Run-Throughs, Agility Run- Throughs, CGC Test
You donít have to participate in any of the activities to attend. This is an open event to promote activities you can do with your favorite pooch!
Free Hot Dogs and Hamburgers provided by SCKC
Bring chairs, picnic blanket.. Whatever makes you comfortable!
Donít forget some water for your dog. For your dogís own safety, please do not bring any female dog in heat.
Letís have a fun time!!!
What is a Canine Experience Event?
ďA Canine Experience is a multi-club, multi-sport event that introduces and welcomes dog owners to and educates them about the sport of dogs. The day-long event features educational presentations and provides an opportunity for potential owners to be mentored by experienced exhibitors and club members prior to an afternoon match, during
which new exhibitors and future fanciers practice their newly learned skills.Ē- AKC
Last year there were over 200 exhibitors, of those 54 were new exhibitors to dog sports, with over 500 spectators.
Match Show entries
Pre entry $10 Day of Show $12 entries close 11:30AM day of show
CGC 12:00 to 3:00 entries taken 9Am to 11:30 entries limited
Pre entry $12 Day of Show $15 entries close 11:30AM day of show
Rally 10 AM Rally Novice 9:30, Rally Advance 10:45 Rally Excellent 11:45
Contact Catherine Kelly for schedule 631 421-3594
pre- entry fee $10 Day of show $12
Cooperative Obed "Run Thrus" 9AM -Noon
entry fee $10 day of show
Entry forms and Premium list can be found at http://nebula.wsimg.com/43ae9e5e94b1...&alloworigin=1
Link to the SCKC event: About Us
Directions to show:
St Johnland Nursing Center, 395 Sunken Meadow Road, Kings Park, NY
L.I. Expressway to Exit 53; Sunken Meadow Parkway North to Exit SM4. Take Pulaski Road East (at the intersection with Rt. 25A it becomes Old Dock Rd.) Go approximately 1Ĺ miles to Sunken Meadow Road (Traffic light.). Turn LEFT and enter the site at the 2nd entrance on the right.
* SAFETY FIRST Ė Never run to or at any dog. However tempting, do not pet a dog without asking permission first. Often people have spent hours grooming their dog. Other dogs may be nervous at shows or may not be used to crowds or children.
* Strollers are not allowed near any dogs. Small children can make sudden (albeit innocent) moves, which can startle a dog and the reaction, equally as sudden, could be tragic. If you bring a stroller, be careful that you do not run over any dog's tails or that your child does not grab or poke the dogs it can reach.
* Watch where your step. Make sure you donít step on any feet or tails.
* No prong training collars on show grounds.
* If you bring your dog please make sure it is under control. Ask before approaching another dog.
* Leashes are a must. No flexi-leashes. No leashes over 6 feet long.
* Most important is, IF YOUR DOG LEAVES IT, YOU CLEAN IT.
* We ask you take home all your litter, as we have no garbage removal at this site.