Harness... - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bowie's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 385
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Harness...

Hi! I'm about to pull the trigger and get the Petsafe 3 in 1 Harness that got good reviews here a while ago. Bowie is able to somehow escape his leather rolled harness that I really loved and his Gooby one tends to leave mats. So is the 3 in 1 tops still?

Bowie's Mom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 09:24 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,515
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 296 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie's Mom View Post
Hi! I'm about to pull the trigger and get the Petsafe 3 in 1 Harness that got good reviews here a while ago. Bowie is able to somehow escape his leather rolled harness that I really loved and his Gooby one tends to leave mats. So is the 3 in 1 tops still?
Itís all I use these days!


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Jackie from Concrete, WA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,142
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 75 Times in 73 Posts
Karen, why do you like it so much? I've been using the Curli vest mesh harness. It fits Willow well and she can't slip out of it. She is in a longer puppy cut and the harness doesn't seem to creat mats for her but maybe it's just because she does have a shorter cut.



Jackie & Willow
Jackie from Concrete, WA is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Henry&Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Northern New England
Posts: 410
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 21 Times in 21 Posts
After using the Petsafe 3 in 1 for a couple of weeks, I don't love it. BUT, because the straps are so narrow, it doesn't cause nearly the mats that the Ruffwear was causing on his chest. So we'll continue using it.

Why don't I love it? I still struggle, especially first thing in the morning pre coffee, to figure out how to attach it. I may be a slow learner in that regard. And the clips for some reason are harder catch and are hard to keep clear of hair. The Ruffwear harness has material behind the clips which helps keep them clear and for some reason just snap together easier.

I really like the Ruffwear harness. But until Henry gets in to a puppy cut, we can't use it. I'm hoping it will work with a puppy cut. Finally we see the groomer this coming week. The first date she could get us on her schedule. He's got some mats I can't get out. I'm so worried how he's going to look.
hlang likes this.

Henry&Kate is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:37 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,515
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 296 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie from Concrete, WA View Post
Karen, why do you like it so much? I've been using the Curli vest mesh harness. It fits Willow well and she can't slip out of it. She is in a longer puppy cut and the harness doesn't seem to creat mats for her but maybe it's just because she does have a shorter cut.
The Curli caused too much matting on my guys. Also, Panda still needs a front attach harness. i love that this one allows either option.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:47 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,515
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 296 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry&Kate View Post
After using the Petsafe 3 in 1 for a couple of weeks, I don't love it. BUT, because the straps are so narrow, it doesn't cause nearly the mats that the Ruffwear was causing on his chest. So we'll continue using it.

Why don't I love it? I still struggle, especially first thing in the morning pre coffee, to figure out how to attach it. I may be a slow learner in that regard. And the clips for some reason are harder catch and are hard to keep clear of hair. The Ruffwear harness has material behind the clips which helps keep them clear and for some reason just snap together easier.

I really like the Ruffwear harness. But until Henry gets in to a puppy cut, we can't use it. I'm hoping it will work with a puppy cut. Finally we see the groomer this coming week. The first date she could get us on her schedule. He's got some mats I can't get out. I'm so worried how he's going to look.
Hmmm. I love the fact that the Petsafe clips are up high on the body so I can keep my hand under them and NOT catch their coats in them. Yes, it can be a bit confusing to put them on to start with. I keep the front (neck) loop clipped until I slip it over the dogís head. Then the chest piece has the straps that come up and clip to the back strap. Of course, Iím not trying to attCh it to a wiggly puppy, which Iím sure makes a difference too! LOL!

Even though it has more straps than my Sensible harnesses, it causes less matting because there is nothing rubbing on the shoulders.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bowie's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 385
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
I ordered an xs in black for Bowie. Hoping to have it tomorrow...I'll post a picture of him wearing it!

Bowie's Mom is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Henry&Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Northern New England
Posts: 410
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 21 Times in 21 Posts
I keep the front (neck) loop clipped until I slip it over the dogís head.

Yes this makes all the difference in terms of putting it on because then it's very clear what goes where. and it's what I tried to do. Henry objected because it was a snug fit. So instead I've been struggling each morning with which part goes where. I should try again and keep the front loop fastened.
Marni likes this.

Henry&Kate is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 11:59 AM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,515
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 296 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry&Kate View Post
I keep the front (neck) loop clipped until I slip it over the dogís head.

Yes this makes all the difference in terms of putting it on because then it's very clear what goes where. and it's what I tried to do. Henry objected because it was a snug fit. So instead I've been struggling each morning with which part goes where. I should try again and keep the front loop fastened.
Oh, I undo the neck loop clip to get it around their necks, but then I have both ends in my hands, they just came apart, and I know right where they go again! LOL! It just keeps it from all looking like a heap of spaghetti when you're trying to put it on. You always know that the closed loop (because you left it that way after taking it off) is the part that goes around the neck!


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Henry&Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Northern New England
Posts: 410
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 21 Times in 21 Posts
Ah an obvious (to some ) solution to that pile of spaghetti. which is exactly how I've been feeling about it in the mornings.

Henry&Kate is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome