Join Date: Mar 2015
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 79 Times in 77 Posts
Sad Story & Warning About Toys
I just heard a sad story from one of our neighbors. Another couple that used to be neighbors had lost their dog and after they were ready for another dog they acquired a Shih Tzu who they were really loving and bonding with. Anyway, they got the dog some little toy made of yarn that evidently had a lot of dangly yarn threads at the ends. They dog got sick and when the vet discovered that one of these threads had somehow wrapped around inside the dog's intestine, it was too late to save the dog. So sad and of course they feel guilty that it was their fault.
So - just a warning to everyone to inspect toys and make sure nothing is starting to pull off or come apart. I can only imagine how bad they feel.
Oh - that reminds me. Oprah lost one of her dogs that choked on a tennis ball. So, please be sure that any ball or toy is large enough not to fit entirely into the dog's mouth. So many dogs love to play with balls and if it's small enough it could easily become a choking hazard.
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer!
Jackie & Willow