Perry only likes plastic water bottles if they're inside one of those toys that you open up and fill with the bottle. If I put a regular one down for him he looks at it like I'm trying to trick him (human things - why is she putting human things on the floor!)
I've got a heavy chewer so for us the answer is - toys without stuffing. But special favorites include:
- skinneeez (the raccoon was his first favorite but now he's got several)
- skinneeez extreme (for really heavy chewers - harder to rip apart but Perry still manages to do so, just takes longer) - usually get the 14" ones, but right now his favorite is a 25" 3 squeaker (originally, only 1 squeaker left) crocodile.
- kong bone - the red (though be careful because once they know that you can put treats in the end, they'll keep throwing it at you so that you do!)
- Squirrels (they're really chipmunks!) in the log. He loves taking them out but he does it faster than you can put them back in. We don't play with that as much anymore because he's "killed" most of the squirrels.
- goDog toys with chew guard -mostly they're all still intact. (favorites are the flying pig, the small dinosaurs and the oppossom)
- Small Kong (had to get the black ones for heavy chewers - yes they make them in small
- because he started to destroy the other one(s)
- The one puppy toy he still has that he hasn't destroyed and will still chew on occasionally is the nylabone teething ring (he destroyed the nylabone bones pretty quickly so no more of them).
- Himalayan chews
- Antlers - seems to prefer elk or moose - I usually get the splits but he has regular ones too that he'll chew on sometimes.
- Tennis ball to play fetch.
- we went through a rope toy phase but he isn't as interested in them at the moment.
They say to rotate the toys so that they don't get bored, but Perry does that naturally himself - every once in a while he'll pull out a toy he hasn't played with in a while.