Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Submit Photo: 7
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
GNYHC HAVANESE FUN DAY - Sat. Sept. 28 - Smithtown - NY
Greater New York Havanese Club
Fall Fun Day
Saturday September 28, 2019 - Rain or Shine
Suffolk County Dog Show/Expo
Long Island's Largest Canine Event
Smithtown Historical Society
239 E. Main Street
Smithtown, NY 11787
Dog show hours: 8:30am Ė 2pm
Admission $10 per person/$25 per carload
Join the Greater New York Havanese Club at the 79th Annual Suffolk County Kennel Club Dog Show/Expo, the county's premier canine extravaganza, held Saturday, September 28th at the Smithtown Historical Society. Your whole family will enjoy the many demonstrations, 4-6month puppy conformation, Champion Point Show Competition, breed information booths, food and shopping. Portion of the proceeds of this shows goes to Long Island non-profits. The GNYHC will have a breed information booth. Look for our banner and table.
GNYHC Club meeting time 11:45
Bring Family & Bring Your Dog For A Doggie Fun Day
Bring your family dog to try out the Free beginner agility "My Dog Can Do That" course starts at 9:30AM. Your whole family will enjoy the demonstrations, 4-6 month puppy conformation, breed information booths, food and shopping. Come watch Barn Hunt demo and let your dog try it out.
DISCOUNT COUPON PER CAR LOAD http://www.suffolkdogclub.com/com
Link to Judging Program http://www.suffolkdogclub.com/com
The location is within walking distance of downtown Smithtown.
Under 1/2 mile walk to....Starbucks, Bagel store, Diner, liquor store, Uncle Guiseppi's grocery offering hot & cold buffet, ready to cook items & full gourmet deli, fresh sushi,+ MANY more.
Go to the SCKC website for FREE discount & special offer coupons for many of the local restaurants and shops. Remember to let them know you are with the Dog Show.
Event Rules * Please note: no flexi-leashes on your dog.
* SAFETY FIRST Ė Never run to or at any dog. However tempting, do not pet a dog without asking permission first. Often people have spent hours grooming their dog. Other dogs may be nervous at shows or may not be used to crowds or children.
* Strollers are not allowed near any dogs. Small children can make sudden (albeit innocent) moves, which can startle a dog and the reaction, equally as sudden, could be tragic. If you bring a stroller, be careful that you do not run over any dog's tails or that your child does not grab or poke the dogs it can reach.
* Watch where your step. Make sure you donít step on any feet or tails.
* No prong training collars on show grounds.
* If you bring your dog please make sure it is under control. Ask before approaching another dog.
* Leashes are a must. No flexi-leashes. No leashes over 6 feet long.
* Most important is, IF YOUR DOG LEAVES IT, YOU CLEAN IT.
* We ask you take home all your litter, as we have no garbage removal at this site.
I-495 E/Long Island Expy to EXIT 56 toward NY-111/Smithtown/Islip
Turn left onto Wheeler Rd/NY-111. Continue to follow NY-111.
Go 1.66 miles, at the school, Turn left onto Hauppauge Rd/NY 111
Go .37 miles Turn Right onto major intersection of Smithtown Byp/NY-347
Go 1.9 miles Turn Left onto Terry RD, there will be a Chase Bank on your right
Go .6mile Turn Left onto E Main St/NY-25
Travel .29 mile and Smithtown Historical Society 239 E Main St will be on your Right