Spring is springing - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
 128Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 24,537
Submit Photo: 8
Photo Submissions 336 Times in 334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather's View Post
Crystal Springs Reservoir/ Canada Road Easter morning 🐇
Attachment 163220

Attachment 163222

Attachment 163224
Gorgeous!!!
Heather's likes this.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & CH Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 11:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Jackie from Concrete, WA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,506
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 79 Times in 77 Posts
Beautiful photos!



Jackie & Willow
Jackie from Concrete, WA is offline  
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Jackie from Concrete, WA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,506
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 79 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuppymama View Post
You have my sympathy. I like four seasons but wish winter was about two weeks long! Here is what I have been looking at from my bathroom window.
That's a beautiful tree! If I had to guess I would say it's a Redbud. We don't have them here but it's what I would imagine one to look like. Do you know what it is?



Jackie & Willow
Jackie from Concrete, WA is offline  
 
post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 12:44 PM
Owned by a Havallon
 
mudpuppymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 930
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie from Concrete, WA View Post
That's a beautiful tree! If I had to guess I would say it's a Redbud. We don't have them here but it's what I would imagine one to look like. Do you know what it is?
Yes that is a Redbud tree. They are native to Missouri and all over the place here. Typically they are found in the woods amidst bigger trees and they are not very big. This one has been here since we bought the house 14 years ago and it is the hugest one we have ever seen.
mudpuppymama is offline  
post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 01:10 PM
Owned by a Havallon
 
mudpuppymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 930
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 20 Posts
Here is another shot of the RedBud tree.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B290538F-DA6F-4557-8F69-5A261F3035C0.jpg (147.1 KB, 1 views)
mudpuppymama is offline  
post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 24,537
Submit Photo: 8
Photo Submissions 336 Times in 334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuppymama View Post
Yes that is a Redbud tree. They are native to Missouri and all over the place here. Typically they are found in the woods amidst bigger trees and they are not very big. This one has been here since we bought the house 14 years ago and it is the hugest one we have ever seen.
People sometimes try Redbuds here, and they last JUST long enough to give people hope, then get killed off by a harsh winter... Of course, with the changing climate, maybe they'd have a better chance now!
mudpuppymama likes this.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & CH Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is online now  
post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 11:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Jackie from Concrete, WA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,506
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 79 Times in 77 Posts
Wow, they are beautiful. Wish we had them here. We have wild plum trees that bloom, dog wood, indian plum (which are more of a shrub than tree) and I can't really think of anything else really exceptionally beautiful. Some parts of our state along the coast have magnolias. Of course we have stuff that people buy at the nursery and plant like flowering cherries and other ornamental trees. They don't grow wild around here though.
mudpuppymama likes this.



Jackie & Willow
Jackie from Concrete, WA is offline  
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 12:27 PM
Owned by a Havallon
 
mudpuppymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 930
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
People sometimes try Redbuds here, and they last JUST long enough to give people hope, then get killed off by a harsh winter... Of course, with the changing climate, maybe they'd have a better chance now!
It actually can get very cold in winter here. Sometimes we are in the teens for a few weeks. I have noticed that the redbuds that do best are the ones that grow natural in the woods...not the ones that people plant in their yards. I am wondering if the other trees protect them and the deep layer of leaves that fall from the other trees help keep the soil warmer.
mudpuppymama is offline  
post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 24,537
Submit Photo: 8
Photo Submissions 336 Times in 334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuppymama View Post
It actually can get very cold in winter here. Sometimes we are in the teens for a few weeks. I have noticed that the redbuds that do best are the ones that grow natural in the woods...not the ones that people plant in their yards. I am wondering if the other trees protect them and the deep layer of leaves that fall from the other trees help keep the soil warmer.
You are still a LOT warmer than we are. We are on the edge of zone 4. (Or used to be. Times they are a’changin’)


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & CH Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is online now  
post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 09:10 AM
Owned by a Havallon
 
mudpuppymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 930
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
You are still a LOT warmer than we are. We are on the edge of zone 4. (Or used to be. Times they are a’changin’)
Yes you are right. Our winters are typically mild and the super cold dips are not very long.
krandall likes this.
mudpuppymama is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome