Congratulations Sam and Debbie. Tell us about the process.
In the Canadian Version there are 12 tests which they have to pass, the US version has 10 tests. They are:
1. Accepting a friendly stranger- you meet and talk to a stranger.
2. Politely accepts petting - the stranger pats the dog.
3. Appearance & grooming - the tester touches and brushes the dog.
4. Out for a walk - a short heeling pattern on a loose leash
5. Walking through a crowd
6. Sit/down on command and stay in place. - tell your dog to sit or stay and walk away about 20 ft and return.
7. Come when called - tell your dog to sit or down walk about 20 turn and call your dog.
8. Praise/interaction. (Can only) You play with your dog and get them excited then you have to calm them down.
9. Reaction to passing dog. - You and your dog pass another person with their dog.
10. Reaction to distractions - Walking around a crowd of people making all kinds of different noises, opening an umbrella, dropping a can, walking with a cane.
11. Supervised Isolation. - You leave your dog with a Stranger and go out of site for 3 minutes.
12. Walking through a door/gate. (Can only) - You have your dog wait as you open a door, go through then call the dog through.
Training for this test is a great way to socialize and have fun with your dog.