I like this little test I found. , as to whether you should go to a dog park.
Answer True or False as the statement applies to you:
1) – You are unable to understand (read) your dog’s body language.
2) - You are unable to read any dog’s body language.
3) - You expect your dog to behave the same way that he does at home.
4) - You are very sociable and easily distracted by conversations with other dog owners.
5) - Your dog does not ‘recall’ reliably. (Call 1-800-Who me? for clarification)
6) - Your dog is terrified of other dogs.
7) - Your dog has a history of aggression toward humans.
8) - Your dog has a history of serious, damaging aggression toward other dogs.
9) - Your dog is not current on his vaccinations.
10) - You watch ‘The Dog Whisperer’ and are expecting the ‘pack’ to fix your dog.
Be honest, now
If you answered 'True' to any of these statements, you might want to avoid Dog Parks.