What do our dogs do all day? - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
HannahBearsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 531
Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
What do our dogs do all day?

Over the weekend, I hooked up a "nanny cam" so I can check on Maccabee while I am at work. I've spent way too much time checking on him today.

He really has done nothing all day. He sleeps, drinks water and then pees, poops (yes, I can see poop in his litter box. LOL) and occasionally walks to a different spot in his expen and plops down again. I haven't seen him play with his toys or chew on his chewies. I think I have the laziest dog on earth!

___________________
Laurie

Starborn Light My Fire (Maccabee)


HannahBearsMom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Evelyn
 
whimsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 4,652
Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 30 Times in 28 Posts
Aww...I think that is what most dogs do when their owners are out of the house....sleep.

whimsy is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Gucci's mom
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 9,378
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 11 Posts
Mine sits at the window and watches for me to come home...lol, and if my daughter is home and I am gone, she'll go upstairs and look out the window from her window to get a better view of the street to watch for me. I think it wears her out waiting for me because she crashes out as soon as I get home.She isn't used to being away from me though, she goes most places with me.

Kara
Thumper is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Lisainidaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 162
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's too cute. I too spy on my puppies. I keep them in my laundry room which I have made very puppy friendly, and have put up a baby gate so they do not feel isolated. They whined a bit when they were trying it out at first, so I recorded them on my webcam 3 times while I was at work and watched to make sure all was ok. I got the same results you did. They jump into their bed shortly after I leave and snooze for a few hours, get up and poop and pee, rough house a bit with each other, there was a little crying but only for about 5 minutes and then more sleeping. I love spying on them. And honestly I think it is helpful - I will probably do it on a semi-regular basis just to make sure all is well. I am single and work so they are home alone (I go home for a lunch break) and I want to make sure they are happy in spite of that. If someone starts to get unhappy about the setup, I want to know about it sooner rather than later! Glad to know someone else spies on their dog!

Proud Mom of Tango and Cash
Lisainidaho is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Member
 
Milo805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 33
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
We skype our dog when we're at work, have a laptop with webcam setup close to his cage, and skype him from our smartphones. LOL Usually he would pace back and forth or try to do backflip thinking we're still in the house. Most of the time we turn off the cam and mic from our phone so he can't see or hear us when we monitor him.
Milo805 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Michele and Sergio
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 316
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo805 View Post
We skype our dog when we're at work, have a laptop with webcam setup close to his cage, and skype him from our smartphones. LOL Usually he would pace back and forth or try to do backflip thinking we're still in the house. Most of the time we turn off the cam and mic from our phone so he can't see or hear us when we monitor him.
Sergio would go nuts if he saw me on Skype!! That's hilarious. What a great idea.
curly_DC is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
HannahBearsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 531
Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
I caught him in the act! While I was checking/spying on Maccabee, I saw him walk over to his litter box, put his front paws inside, pee, jump straight in, and then jump out to the right. Luckily, my fiance had come home about 10 minutes arlier, so he'll clean up the pee.

I pushed the litter back further into the litter box and he's fine with the first pee or poop. But after he's been in the box once, the litter shifts forward and then next time he pees he stays partly outside the box and pees on the floor (vinyl mat).

___________________
Laurie

Starborn Light My Fire (Maccabee)



Last edited by HannahBearsMom; 04-11-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typo
HannahBearsMom is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Michele and Sergio
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 316
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahBearsMom View Post
I caught him in the act! While I was checking/spying on Maccabee, I saw him walk over to his litter box, put his front paws inside, pee, jump straight in, and then jump out to the right. Luckily, my fiance had come home about 10 minutes arlier, so he'll clean up the pee.

I pushed the litter back further into the litter box and he's fine with the first pee or poop. But after he's been in the box once, the litter shifts forward and then next time he pees he stays partly outside the box and pees on the floor (vinyl mat).
Sergio didn't like to pee and poop on the same potty pad, or if he peed once on the potty pad, he really didn't want to use it again.

The litter box is probably different because the pee is absorbed, but I wonder if that's what's going on with Maccabee.

What type of camera are you using? Is it sensor motion detected, following his movements? Does it stream over the Internet, and do you need a service for that?
curly_DC is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
HannahBearsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 531
Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_DC View Post
Sergio didn't like to pee and poop on the same potty pad, or if he peed once on the potty pad, he really didn't want to use it again.

The litter box is probably different because the pee is absorbed, but I wonder if that's what's going on with Maccabee.

What type of camera are you using? Is it sensor motion detected, following his movements? Does it stream over the Internet, and do you need a service for that?


No. Maccabee will pee and poop in he litter box multiple times. The half-in peeing started on Sunday, prior to that, he never peed in his expen. Tom King said many of their boy puppies do this ("Some boys think close is god enough!"). For now, I'll push the litter back further so he has to step into the box furter to get his front paws on the litter. Hopefuly, he will outgrow this nasty boy thing.

___________________
Laurie

Starborn Light My Fire (Maccabee)


HannahBearsMom is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Michele and Sergio
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 316
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Laurie: What type of camera are you using?
curly_DC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome