IDtag.com - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
olivedaisychain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
IDtag.com

Are any of you familiar with IDtag.com? I'm considering getting the lifetime plan for my dog and was hoping to get some feedback. Thanks!!!
olivedaisychain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,532
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 297 Times in 295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivedaisychain View Post
Are any of you familiar with IDtag.com? I'm considering getting the lifetime plan for my dog and was hoping to get some feedback. Thanks!!!
Kodi is registered with AKC's CAR program, he is microchipped (which is registered with AKC) AND wears a tag with our contact info as well as his AKC CAR tag when he's out and about. I don't think that another recovery service tag would serve us much better, and there are no on-going fees for these.

The AKC CAR program stores all the same info as the one you are considering, and possibly more. It is easy to update contact info online whenever you want, and I have the peace of mind that AKC isn't going anywhere anytime soon.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
olivedaisychain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Kodi is registered with AKC's CAR program, he is microchipped (which is registered with AKC) AND wears a tag with our contact info as well as his AKC CAR tag when he's out and about. I don't think that another recovery service tag would serve us much better, and there are no on-going fees for these.

The AKC CAR program stores all the same info as the one you are considering, and possibly more. It is easy to update contact info online whenever you want, and I have the peace of mind that AKC isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
krandall, Thank you for the information. I'm going to seriously consider having ZZ microchipped as that sounds like the best way to go with this. I've always hesitated in the past because i didn't like the idea of my little dog having something foreign in his body, but it does seem to be the best option when it comes to recovering him should he ever get lost.
olivedaisychain is offline  
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,532
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 297 Times in 295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivedaisychain View Post
krandall, Thank you for the information. I'm going to seriously consider having ZZ microchipped as that sounds like the best way to go with this. I've always hesitated in the past because i didn't like the idea of my little dog having something foreign in his body, but it does seem to be the best option when it comes to recovering him should he ever get lost.
Yeah, I did a lot of questioning and reading before I got Kodi microchipped. While there can be major problems with cats, it seems like the most common problem with microchips in dogs is that they can migrate, making them hard to find, especially in a big dog. Health problems seem to be minor and rare.

Kodi was chipped when he was neutered. They can and do microchip dogs while they are awake, but it's pretty big needle, and I just felt it was kinder to have it done when he was asleep anyway.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome