New Havi - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 63
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Havi

Hi everyone as you can see I`m new here...I`ve been reading here for a short time and have learned some important things about our little pure white guy Kodi....

We are a house of 3 dogs...2 big one little...Our new Havanese [sorry for no pictures yet I`m working on it] is now 4 months and 9 pounds...Does anyone have a idea what he might weigh when he is grown?

When we took him to the vet we found he had Giardia[sp?] but after 2 weeks of medicine he`s now in perfect health...He thinks he`s a big dog by the way he chases around out Siberian Husky and never backs off...Kodi is the first small dog we have ever had and we love him to pieces...All 3 seem to be getting to be buddies we had our doubts when we first brought Kodi home...we were a bit scared for him being so little around 70 lb. big sisters...Well I`ve gone on and on and need to go get him before he pees all over...the joys of a puppy...Kathy
kathyc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
atsilvers27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bergen County NJ
Posts: 851
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
4 months and 9 lbs? Seems like he's going to be huge. They say to double their weight at 4 months, but each dog is an individual and some slow down with growing compared to others. You have to post pictures!
atsilvers27 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Evelyn
 
whimsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 4,652
Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 30 Times in 28 Posts
Welcome! Glad they are all getting along and we are looking forward to pictures!

whimsy is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Linda
 
motherslittlehelper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southwest Washington
Posts: 3,646
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
Welcome! Yes, we want to see photos! I would say your Hav is not going to be petite , but they do seem to grow at different rates. Augie did double his 4 month weight. Finn was 8 lbs. at 15 weeks, and is a little over 14 lbs. now at 2 years of age, a bit on the larger side, but not huge.

Linda, Augie & Finn's Mom
motherslittlehelper is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Member
 
Odieo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sure Odeo is little more than 9 lbs now. He was 8lb 2Oz at 13 weeks!! we have our final booster shot appt this Saturday (he will be 16 weeks) and I will know the weight. I weighed him on my scale at home and he came about 9 lbs 3 oz. He was the biggest of his litter although his parents are both only 10 lbs.
Odieo is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 63
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsilvers27 View Post
4 months and 9 lbs? Seems like he's going to be huge. They say to double their weight at 4 months, but each dog is an individual and some slow down with growing compared to others. You have to post pictures!
Yep 9lbs...Of coarse he looks tiny compared to our other girls...I`ll be getting pictures as soon as I figure it out....Quite busy with Kodi since he has taken up chassing out Siberian around....they both are loving it...Kathy
kathyc is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 63
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
Welcome! Glad they are all getting along and we are looking forward to pictures!
How precious... your "whimsy" looks like a duplicate to out Kodi...You have such good taste haha...I`ve never seen so many beautiful Havs..athy
kathyc is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 63
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherslittlehelper View Post
Welcome! Yes, we want to see photos! I would say your Hav is not going to be petite , but they do seem to grow at different rates. Augie did double his 4 month weight. Finn was 8 lbs. at 15 weeks, and is a little over 14 lbs. now at 2 years of age, a bit on the larger side, but not huge.
You have such pretty puppies...I say puppies because I don`t care how old they are they all still look like puppies to e and I love that...Kathy
kathyc is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 63
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odieo View Post
I'm sure Odeo is little more than 9 lbs now. He was 8lb 2Oz at 13 weeks!! we have our final booster shot appt this Saturday (he will be 16 weeks) and I will know the weight. I weighed him on my scale at home and he came about 9 lbs 3 oz. He was the biggest of his litter although his parents are both only 10 lbs.
How precious...Black&White was our first interest because our Siberian is Black&White/ blue eyes and our Border Collie is Black&White....But when we found Kodi he was without a doubt the one...Well from all thats said Kodi will be pretty big about the same as Odeo...Of coarse he`ll still look little around here ...Kathy

Last edited by kathyc; 03-27-2013 at 02:06 PM.
kathyc is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,508
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 296 Times in 294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyc View Post
Hi everyone as you can see I`m new here...I`ve been reading here for a short time and have learned some important things about our little pure white guy Kodi....

We are a house of 3 dogs...2 big one little...Our new Havanese [sorry for no pictures yet I`m working on it] is now 4 months and 9 pounds...Does anyone have a idea what he might weigh when he is grown?

When we took him to the vet we found he had Giardia[sp?] but after 2 weeks of medicine he`s now in perfect health...He thinks he`s a big dog by the way he chases around out Siberian Husky and never backs off...Kodi is the first small dog we have ever had and we love him to pieces...All 3 seem to be getting to be buddies we had our doubts when we first brought Kodi home...we were a bit scared for him being so little around 70 lb. big sisters...Well I`ve gone on and on and need to go get him before he pees all over...the joys of a puppy...Kathy
Well, first of all, I have to say I LOVE the name you've picked for your puppy.

I think Giardia is a pretty common puppyhood illness, and pretty easily dealt with. I'm so glad to hear that your Kodi is settling in well, and has quickly become "one of the gang". Our Kodi is an "only dog" but we love him to pieces. He loves playing with other dogs when he has the chance, but I don't think he minds being an only dog.

Welcome to the forum... and we're waiting for those pictures!!!


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome