I thought I'd start a new thread for those of us who attended Nationals. Just got back and had a fabulous time. I will not admit who I missed more DH or Timmy. Now mind you I had to share my time in Chicago with my daughters so I also had to do a school visit, sightseeing and show time, I'm tired. Chicago is such a neat city, and I LOVED my deep dish pizza I ate at Lou Malnati's. Here's my list of show highlights, in no particular order.
- Seeing a "Hav" only Obedience and Rally Trial. They are the coolest dogs ever. The Obedience judge said after judging this group of dogs he was going to get a Havanese.
- Seeing my man Kodi do a fabulous job in Rally, and Karen didn't do so bad either.
- Meeting Karen and Kodi. Yes they are as nice in person.
- Shopping the vendors and buying a really nice leather leash, I better not lose!
- Seeing so many Hav's, so many shapes, colors and sizes. I never got tired watching them all. My kids said I was like a stalker.
- Conformation was a really interesting experience, I never saw so many coiffed Hav's in one room.
- Seeing the HRI quilts in person, they are amazing! I put in my tickets to try and get one, yea right.
- Attending the HRI Banquet, that Laurie organized and did a great job. I had so much fun.
- Meeting HF members Gary and Diann (Lucy and Charlie Bear's parents).
- Seeing Rita again, even though Timmy and Riley weren't there.
- Winning a new wardrobe for Timmy at the HRI Auction.
Here's a few pics, I'll get some more when I have more time.
Karen as promised here's one shot of Timmy in one of the sweaters I got at the banquet. Not sure he's so keen on the hood.
Yes there is a pig on his back.
Gary, Diann, Charlie Bear and Lucy with my daughters. I was taking this through a door so it kind of stinks.