Join Date: Oct 2007
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bailey and I
It's been two weeks since Bailey came to live with me. It has been exciting to say the least. I am now more calm and not afraid that she will break if disciplined. (I thought I outgrew that with my first child). She now has an expen which I do use. I felt guilty using it at first, but geesch I wasn't able to get anything done. I was following her around all the time seeing what she was into. She has a potty box in my master bathroom (which is big) and in the ex pen. She uses both. She did really well this week-end and only had one accident. I think that she just didn't want to leave me, so that is where she did it, right there on the rug beside me. My back was turned to the computer. She is so funny though, she know when she does something 'bad', and runs to the leather chair and wants up on it. She will get under the quilt and stay there for a long time. I do have to discipline her because if I don't she will become the alpha and I will have problems later on.
The most endearing thing she does when she wants me to pet her is that she jumps on my leg and wraps her little legs around my leg. We are working on 'off', stand and stay. I realize that she is just a little thing, but teaching good habits now will pay off later in dividends.
We are still working on the car issue. She gets sick in the car. I have been giving her a little honey as instructed by Heather and she does better. I have been taking her on little trips because as soon as we get into the car she starts shaking besides getting sick.
I found that I got too many toys (is there a word(s) as too many?) because when I was cleaning out some boxes in the basement, I found a few little stuffed animals my daughters left and those have become her favs. go figure. She loved being in the basement. There were so many places to explore and there was nothing she could get into that she could hurt or vice versa. She was very good at finding little things though and, oh yes, we are working on 'leave it'. 95% of the time she will drop it and the other 5%, she says, catch me if you can.