Traveling Caution!! - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
My Dogs Mom
 
mellowbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlsbad, Ca
Posts: 3,476
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 13 Times in 11 Posts
Traveling Caution!!

I was just on a pet forum for traveling with your dogs and there was a real scary post there. A woman said she was traveling with her two dogs and it was late at night and they stopped at a Holiday Inn and went right to sleep. The next day she couldn't find her dogs and heard them under the bed. She drug one out with a rat poison box in his mouth! She took them both to ER vet and they ended up fine. The Hotel wouldn't be responsible for the bill nor say they would NOT stop doing it in the future. They're pet approved hotels!
Now, who knows if the story is true or not but it sure made me want to check around hotel rooms for things such as rat poison!!

Carole
Vinny, Lulu, Gabby and Richie too!


Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
mellowbo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Suzy and Cazzie
 
suzyfrtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Up North & Down South
Posts: 796
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
It would also give me pause to stay at a hotel where they HAD to put out rat poison!

(Thanks for the tip, Carole)

Suzy

Sweet Chelsie Coton
suzyfrtz is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Zeus and Riley's Mom
 
JeanMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Prescott, Az
Posts: 1,105
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
It would also give me pause to stay at a hotel where they HAD to put out rat poison!
Uh...no kidding!
Still...it's always good to look under the bed, in closets, etc....etc. Good heads up. And...heaven knows what people leave that doesn't get found by cleaning staff.

Jean, Riley and Zeus!
JeanMarie is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Sheri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Posts: 6,240
Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 51 Times in 48 Posts
It is a good reminder. I don't think I even thought about looking under the beds when we stayed in a motel.

Sheri
Sheri is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
irnfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,619
Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 19 Times in 19 Posts
I've always been a checker. I look in the shower, closets and yes, under the beds. It's even more important now that we bring the pups along.


Michele
Kodi & Shelby's Mom and Julian's Grandma
irnfit is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
casperkeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,119
Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Wow I never even thought of that...thanks for letting us know. That is just aweful!

~~Mommy"s Little Angel~~
casperkeep is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Susan
 
mckennasedona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Near San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 4,063
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
I can't imagine this is true only because children have been known to crawl under beds. I'll have to check with DH. He works for a major hotel chain. My guess is, he'll tell me no way would they ever put such a thing in a guest room.

That said, it sure doesn't hurt to check around for any other type of hazard.

Susan

mckennasedona is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Ivy Hills Havanese
 
Jennifer Clevenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Guilford, Indiana
Posts: 462
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
I have heard of this happening before. I think in that case, the dog actually died.


Jennifer
Ivyhillshavanese.com
Jennifer Clevenger is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
iluvhavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Auburn, NH
Posts: 531
Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 8 Posts
I know Rico has found many strange things in hotel rooms. It's a good idea to check arounf dressers, behind desks, etc..


Rory aka Rico & Lucy's mom
iluvhavs is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
JASHavanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FLORIDA!
Posts: 4,657
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennasedona View Post
I can't imagine this is true only because children have been known to crawl under beds. I'll have to check with DH. He works for a major hotel chain. My guess is, he'll tell me no way would they ever put such a thing in a guest room.

That said, it sure doesn't hurt to check around for any other type of hazard.
It's true Susan. You need to check every nook and cranny of a hotel you stay in. A woman I know went to Westminster with her dog and there was poison down in a place she couldn't see in the hotel. The dog was rushed to a vet and made it.

Jan
jashavanese.net
JASHavanese is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome