Join Date: Sep 2008
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 3 Posts
Saydee does alot of the previously listed things too! Here's just a few more things that she does that make me smile daily:
* Once she's done actively chewing a toy, or RLH-ing outside, she'll seem to snap out of play mode, then charge me and do a full lick-down with bonus nose-nudges. She is like a momma monkey checking her baby for nits.
* Loves dryer sheets and always manages to find used ones, even though everyone in the family swears to putting them in the trash. If she's quiet for too long, she's probably in a corner shredding a dryer sheet.
* Like some of the other pups, she stretches across your lap to play with a toy. It's not enough to just play with the toy. She prefers to be sprawled across you when playing. Even if it means she's stretched across your neck while you are laying on your back in bed trying to watch Dog Whisperer. (Also, even the oldest, least interesting toy becomes immediatly irresistable if mom just holds one end of it while you chew.)
* Will climb on anything and always likes to be as high as she can get. Sits on the back of the couch, as if she's a queen, looking down upon her kingdom. Walk out of my office and come back and she's sitting on top of two large boxes, about 4 feet high. How does she get up there?
* Hates to take a shower with mom. She will scale my skin with her claws until she reaches my face. The only time she is calm in the shower is if she is sitting on top of my shoulder.
* Rests her warm fuzzy face on my foot when I'm at my desk. Of all the places on the floor, including 2 dog beds in my office, she will seek out my foot and warm it for me. If I'm not sitting down long enough she will still opt to sleep behind the trash can on the floor under my desk rather than use the nice fuzzy dog beds!
* Routinely leaves her tongue hanging out of her mouth when it's closed. Just a little tip of the pink tongue peeks out from her little muzzle.
* Laps up water from the shower track with a giant greedy tongue. The soapier the better. Delicious!
* Asks for a drink from the shower by fussing and scratching at the shower door. If you turn on the showerhead for a second, she happily climbs in, laps up a drink and seems fully satisfied.
* When I clean her eye-goops, she will bend her head from side to side in an effort to help me accomplish a thorough wipe-down.
* Will also hold out her paws to be dried when she's just been playing on the wet lawn. First the front two, then the back two, and because she's so willing, she gets to pick the order. If you don't dry them, she'll just sit and look at you like you must be the stupidest human being ever.
* Likes to sleep on your pillow with her body wrapped around your head and her chin resting on your forehead. Licks are optional.
* Never barks at anything and appears to be oblivious to strangers at the door, etc. But when mommy gets out the NV medallions, she growls a low grumbly bark, and constantly springs off the back of my legs until dinner is served.
* Organizes the bed blankets and sheets just the way she likes them. She'll shuffle around on the bed, go under the comforter and rifle around grumbling, and move the linens with her tiny teeth until she's got them just right.
* Watches TV just like Rico. When animals or children come on, her neck appears to stretch about 4 inches longer as she strains to see each movement on the TV.
* Wants to explore the inside of the dishwasher with a passion. Cannot stand it when you open and close the dishwasher for loading and will moan like a male cat. If you leave it open a bit she will work her nose into the door to get it to open all the way and proceed to lick clean any silverware she can reach.
* Sits anxiously, readjusting her little rump over and over, and backing up a hair into a new sit each and every time.
* Is afraid of going down stairs. She'll RLH up the stairs without even pausing on the landing. But ask her to go down and not even a 12" bully stick will convince her that it's a good idea. She'll sit there all day until you carry her down.
* Seems to know she's vulnerable when napping, so she'll often align herself with a wall or a piece of furniture and fall asleep half-leaning on it, belly up, just in case someone might be inclined to rub her belly.
I'm sure there's lots more but this could take all day...
Last edited by SaydeeMomma; 10-27-2008 at 03:08 PM.