Here are a few ideas:
1. If your dog sitter isn't comfortable brushing his teeth, ask him/her to have Django lick the toothpaste off his/her finger.
2. Make sure he has a plethora of chews toys that are good for the teeth. Rib Bones, etc.
3. Raw Meaty Bones
4. Try Greenies/Dentastix and other dental chews.
5. What kind of food are you feeding him? Contrary to popular belief, dry kibble is not the best for keeping teeth clean. Many of the Raw Frozen foods contain crushed bone that functions as a mild abrasive that helps keep teeth clean.
6. Petzlife Oral Care also works well. Check with your Vet to make sure the ingredients aren't contra indicated for his varios health issues.
Grape Seed Extract
Helps prevent dental plaque
Helps mitigate oral and gum diseases
Contains Proanthocyanidins (Potent antioxidant properties)
Grapefruit Seed Extract
High in vitamin C, E and bioflavonoids
Excellent at alkalizing body fluids
Reduces periodontal inflammation
Detoxifies, enhances and supports immune function
Holds ingredients in suspension
Catalyst for ingredients efficacy
Natural antimicrobial properties
Helps control the pathogenic organisms responsible for tooth decay, gingivitis, and bad breath.
Helps prevent bacteria from adhering to teeth (reduce plaque)
Helps prevent and reverse gum disease
Natural breath freshener with antibacterial properties
Very potent antiseptic properties
Helps to battle bad breath bacteria
Contains omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin A and Vitamin C