Getting scatterbrained about stuff I still have to buy and so far have been filling up my cart at Pet Edge - good to buy most from same place to save on shipping, but would love recommendations on other good sources or comments on these products if anyone has time. I'm sorry it's so long.
My breeder recommended I get a Vari-Kennel
, so I need that and a kennel pad
for inside. I was thinking of getting this one or something similar: http://www.dogkennels.com/dog-crates...ennelultra.cfm
- I do think Pet Edge has this one also. Any thoughts on this brand or possibly a better alternative? I would have bought a more open wire one, but she said this is more like a den and they are comfy in it.
- I have an inexpensive pin brush, but no comb, stand dryer, scissors, nail clippers, etc. Do those "mat cutters" work? I saw those and some grooming tools on the HRI store page.
- holy cow, expensive! We're going to work on outside potty, but I think I'd prefer those to newspaper in the meantime for the absorbency. Pet Edge cheapest for those?
I have enough squeaky toys to start, and even one of those pip squeaks. A couple of kong-type toys. Some soft balls. A skineez skunk.
Is there some other type of chew toy
I should get for her teeth?
Oh, and where's the best place to buy those curly Merrick flossies
I found the puppia harness
on eBay, probably competitively priced. I'm thinking Xtra small for a puppy, and she'll need the small or maybe medium when grown, though I'll wait till she outgrows the first one.
Should I get a raincoat
even for Spring/Summer and she is growing?
Pet Odor Remover
- Do you all like Nature's Miracle, or is there something better? I bought an enzymatic cleaner online that I think works, but the fragrance on the spot remover is nauseating.
Emergency & Tummy Upset Kit
- what should I have on hand?
Lastly, for the car - do I need one of these lookout seats
It's not as safe as a crate, but I don't know whether she'll want to ride in a crate. Do you think I have to get a special safety harness
for it, or will it attach to a puppia harness?
I have a bed, food and water dishes, toys, blanket, ex-pen, will be getting the potty tray and vinyl or plastic underlay to protect the carpet under the pen. Food and supplements I'll pick up in a few weeks. My head hurts, am I forgetting anything here?
We're about to spend over $2000 just getting some basic stuff done in the back yard so it'll be dog friendly, doesn't even include the privacy fence I want to keep her out of sight of the new and scary Rotweiler behind us. It's amazing how the dog-related expenses add up, not just the obvious things.
Welcoming any comments or suggestions, but I know you guys are busy and that is a lot of questions, so no biggie.
Thanks a bunch.