Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Submit Photo: 7
Photo Submissions 49 Times in 49 Posts
I don't feed Nylabones to Emmie because they're made of plastic or rubber and I don't think they're good for her.
Nylabones are considered non-edible chew products so it worries me if a dog can chew them up - could lead to intestinal blockage.
Here's the disclaimer Nylabone has on their products:
“NON-EDIBLE CHEW PRODUCTS are made with plastic, rubber, or nylon. They are NOT intended for consumption. During normal chewing, tiny bristle-like projections are raised that help clean teeth. If these tiny pieces (no larger than a small grain of rice) are ingested, they should pass through. A dog should not be able to break off larger pieces of any Nylabone® Non-Edible Chew. If you think that your dog swallowed a large piece of a Non-Edible Chew, take the chew away and contact your veterinarian for advice. No dog toy or chew is totally indestructible. Frequently inspect any chew before giving it to your dog to make sure it’s whole and intact, with no missing pieces. Replace a Non-Edible Chew when knuckle ends are worn down, or if it becomes too small to chew safely. Nylabone Chews and Toys should not be boiled, placed in a dishwasher, washing machine, or convection or microwave oven.”
Jeanne and Emmie
Last edited by MarinaGirl; 02-10-2015 at 03:59 PM.