Join Date: May 2015
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
I am extremely impressed with the quality of this pen, from the careful packaging of each piece to the materials used to the design. The only thing I would change is to make the instructions clearer. So here are a few pointers for anyone else who is assembling this for the first time.
1. Short screws go horizontally (into the ends, and also to attach the two segments together). Long screws go vertically (down from the top and up from the bottom).
2. The end that flips up does not attach to the side panel with the door.
3. The two sections attach side to side, not one inside the other.
4. The side of a panel with the bigger screw holes is the side you put the screw into. The screw head will completely sink into the hole. One of the panels will have the bigger holes on the inside of the crate, one panel will have the bigger holes on the outside.
5. Seriously, the instructions state this, but don't tighten the screws until the crate is completely assembled. Just get them in to the point that they've caught and just before you feel the tightening resistance. Then if another section needs a little play to get it to line up, you're good. Make sure you tighten it all when you're done.
Hope this helps someone. Please feel free to add anything!
EDIT: I meant to make this number one, and it's pretty much common sense, but definitely assemble this well ahead of bringing your new puppy home. I had everything sitting in my foyer till I got around to assembling it and I kept thinking, "I'm so glad I didn't wait till the last minute!"
Last edited by Napria; 06-14-2015 at 09:46 AM.