Lu Wyland did a phenomenal job putting together a search plan for our lost rescue dog, Marty. For anyone that can help today, Tuesday the 31st, the directions follow. Please cross post to anyone in the area that is willing to lend a hand to bring Marty home! Thankyou from all of us at Havanese Rescue Inc.!
Thank you for your willlingness to help search for Marty, our lost HRI foster dog! Our best chance of getting him home is to get sightings so we can set out live traps. He's a very frightened dog and is not one who will come to us when called. Letting the public know we're looking for him and asking them to call is critical to finding Marty.
Marty ran away from 638 Sycamore and was seen running EAST.
Before you search, please read the information on Lost Pet Resources
. It's great information and will help you be effective in the search for Marty.
To contact the search coordinators -
Please do not email only one of the search coordinators. Lu CANNOT ACCESS EMAIL AT WORK. She is going to SEARCH for Marty after work. She won't get your email until evening.
Karen Grant [email protected]
Sue Magan [email protected]
Lu [email protected]
If you email, please email all coordinators at once so everyone has the information.
Karen Grant: 631.764.3749
Sue Magan: 847-882-2228
Lu cell phone 414-688-3773
With all coordinators, leave a voice mail if you do not get an answer. We may be receiving information about Marty. Also, Lu is at work and will have to get back to you when she has a break.
Posters can be printed black/white. HOWEVER, circle the word "REWARD" and the "DO NOT CHASE" on the posters in a colored marker that is waterproof so they stand out (and the marker doesn't run). You can do that before you drop them off, hang them up, pass them out, etc
Do not put any poster inside a mailbox. That is illegal. It CAN be rolled up and put inside the door/around the door handle, etc. if someone is not home.
Ask for permission to have posters put up on bulletin boards or by the register at stores, particularly places like Walgreens, Pet Stores, small family stores, etc. Not only does it reduce the chance it'll be torn down, but it's also another chance to personally tell someone that you're looking for Marty!
Keep track of the addresses you've accessed so we don't spend time going over a place you've already covered. Tell us as IMMEDIATELY if someone believes they have spotted Marty, even if it was days ago. This information helps us track where he's been, which direction he's going, etc.
Sue, who is familiar with Marty, will be going in person to check the animal control/shelter to see if Marty has been turned in. (It's easy for people to not recognize a dog by the description given to them over the phone so it's important to check in person regularly.)
You can see a map of the area at googlemaps. http://maps.google.com/
Just type in the address: 638 Sycamore Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Using the icons on the left side of the map, you can scroll North, South, East or West. You can also zoom in or out.
Please let us know if you can search a given location listed below. If you commit to searching that area, let us know when you are doing so and when you have completed the search. If you are not able to do the search PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP. That way we can assign someone else that area to search. UNLESS otherwise indicated, search both sides of the street when you take an assigned area.
1. Sycamore 586-699
2. Evergreen from White Pine to Thornwood
3. Hawthorne Road from White Pine to Thornwood
4. Hawthorne Road from Thornwood to Vernon
5. " " from Vernon to Mayfair Lane
6. " " " from Mayfair Lane to Patton
7. MAYFAIR LANE is U shaped. starting & ending on Hawthorne. Check Mayfair LANE and also Mulberry Court
8. Hawthorne Road from Patton to MacArthur
9. " " " from MacArthur to the end of the road
10. White Pine Hapsfield to Evergreen
11. " " " " Evergreen to Poplar. **ALSO check POPLAR, a very short street
12. White Pine Poplar to Hawthorne to Elmwood
13. " "" Elmwood to Bernard
14. Elmwood from White Pine to Bernard
15. Bernard from White Pine to Lincoln Terrace
16. Bernard from Lincoln Terrace to Rosewood
17. " " from Rosewood to Hiawatha
18. Vernon Lane from Hawthorne south to Mayfair Lane
19. " " " from Mayfair Lane to Bradley
20. " " """ from Bradley to Vernon Ct S
21. " " " from Vernon Ct S to Dundee
22. Mayfair Lane from Hawthorne to Mayfair Ct N
23. " " " from Mayfair Ct N to Mayfair Ct S
24. " " " from Mayfair Ct S to Vernon Lane
25. Hapsfield from White Pine Road to Vernon Lane
26. Bradley Road from Vernon Ln to Patton Dr
27. Patton Dr from Bradley to Hawthorne (it's a long stretch)
28. " " from Hawthorne to Stillwell Dr.
29. Macarthur Drive from Hawthorne Rd to Macarthur Ct
30. " " " from Macarthur Ct to Chenault
31. Chenault Road from Patton Dr heading east to the end
32. Golfview Ter from Dundee Pkwy to Chenault Rd
33. " " " from Chenault Rd to Raupp BLVD
34. " " " from Raupp BLVD to S Buffalo Grove Rd
35. There are a series of small streets off Golfview Ter - Old Oak Ct W and Old Oak Ct E. There's also a road unnamed on my map from Golfview. Maybe it's Old Oak Drive? This whole section to S Buffalo Grove Rd needs to be explored
36. Oak Creek Drive off Dundee heading north to the end
37 - 41 THE FOLLOWING RESTAURANTS should be checked.
Remember, pizza places often deliver. Ask to leave enough posters to accompany drivers.
ALL restaurants have dumpsters that might be a place for Marty to find food in the evening. Ask that the staff watch for him.
Yuqs Kitchen - 0.55 miles away
241 W Dundee Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
Tortorices Pizzeria - 0.57 miles away
217 W Dundee Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
Dengeos On Dundee Inc - 0.59 miles away
195 W Dundee Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
SUBWAY - 0.62 miles away
806 S Buffalo Grove Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
Penguino's Pizza - 0.64 miles away
141 W Dundee Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
PARKS to search - TALK TO PEOPLE, leave posters. Go to: parking lots both cars & bikes, play ground areas, jogging trails, biking trails, dog paths, etc. Even if you don't see Marty, you might see someone else who has. Leaving posters in the above areas increases the number of people that see them and can watch for Marty.
42. Buffalo Grove Park District - 0.36 miles away
530 Bernard Dr, Buffalo Grove, IL
847-459-5700 This may be their administration building. It can't hurt to ask if they can distribute posters to their staff that patrol parks, do maintenance there etc.
42B. Lions Park - 0.8miles away
Due west of Sycamore address. Entrance to park is on western side of Park and accessed by taking Sycamore to White Pine Rd, turn left. A right on Hapsfield Rd, a right on Wiedner Rd., a right on Beechwood will take you to the Lions Park entrance on your right.
43. Emmerich East Park - 0.94 miles away
27 W Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
44. to 48 *** SCHOOLS TO BE CONTACTED can be found at this page:
Addresses are included below.
While Cooper Middle School seems to be in the wrong direction, we have to remember it's the only middle school listed and the kids will come from the area so while Marty might not have run towards or through the school yard, he could well be in the neighborhood of the kids or teachers from that school.
If you can go to the schools on Tuesday, even a few of them, please let Sue, Karen and I know so we can keep track of who is going where.
Kingswood Preschool Inc - 0.43 miles away
401 W Dundee Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
Joyce Kilmer Elementary School - 0.43 miles away
655 Golfview Ter, Buffalo Grove, IL
Buffalo Grove High School - 0.54 miles away
1100 W Dundee Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
Buffalo Grove Montessori Schl - 0.61 miles away
950 Ellen Dr, Buffalo Grove, IL
Cooper Middle School - 0.69 miles away
1050 Plum Grove Cir, Buffalo Grove, IL
Tell Karen Grant where you are searching so we don't go to the same location more than once. 631.764.3749 [email protected]
Havanese Rescue Inc: http://havaneserescue.com/
Online Breed Identification Project http://theyreallkeepers.com/id.html
LOST DOG PROJECT http://havaneserescue.com/amosalert.html
GET INVOLVED! The world is run by those who show up.