Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Calling All Quilters - ART QUILT Fundraiser for HRI
Quilters of all levels are invited to participate in the first Art Quilt fundraiser for Havanese Rescue Inc. (HRI). The fundraiser has been approved by the HRI board and will be supported by HRI at this year’s (2016) Havanese Club of America National Specialty in August in Orlando. Method of sale (e.g., direct, raffle, silent auction) is still to be determined. All proceeds benefit HRI to cover rescue dog and administrative expenses.
This project has been introduced in both the HRI Quilt Project and Havanese Quilters Facebook pages.
What is an Art Quilt?
Art quilts tend to break the rules of traditional quilting by experimenting with textile manipulation, color, texture and/or a diversity of mixed media.
There are very few “rules” – this is an opportunity to unleash your inner artist as well as reduce your stash or scraps. For this initial round, there is no unifying theme and no requirement to be Havanese or even dog related.
- Quilts can be pieced, appliquéd or embroidered using any type and color of fabric. Embellishments are welcome.
- Be respectful of copyrights (patterns, designs, licensed material, etc.).
- Quilts must be constructed primarily of fabric, comprised of three layers and quilted (machine or hand) or tied. Any technique or combination of techniques may be used.
- Quilts may be any shape but the finished size of the quilt must be no larger than 9” x 12” (or 12” x 9”). This size allows for easy mailing in a large brown envelope or in a priority mail flat rate envelope.
- The quilt must have a sleeve, tabs, corner triangles or ring on the back for hanging.
- All quilts must be received by 15 July 2016.
- If you are interested and would like to sign-up, please send me a private message. I will add your name to the list and provide a mailing address.