Havanese Forum banner

so many new people...

3K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Havtahava 
#1 ·
...and new puppies. I have wanted to welcome you all on your posts but with a fairly new puppy myself I thought I would take the time to say welcome to all of you in this post. All the new members prove the atraction of the site. It's a good comfortable place to ask questions, share stories, and look at pictures!!!!

Welcome all!

#2 ·
I want to chime in with Missy. It used to be pretty easy to keep up with everyone and their new additions, but anymore, I can't even keep up with the new posts!
Welcome to the forum all you new members, it's a wonderful place full of fabulous people and resources. Whether or not you have a Hav, there's much to enjoy and learn about here.
One important thing to remember......we luuuuuuuuv pictures!!! :D
Beverly

#4 ·
Beverly, I agree - it is getting really hard to keep up with everyone!! I might not go on for a full day & there are 174 posts waiting to read!!!
Welcome to all the newbies & babies - I think the Havs are going to take over the dog world!!!
Laurie

#5 ·
Jonda, welcome aboard! I am looking forward to getting to know and your furbabies a litle more when you have the time to post.

Enjoy the threads we have here! bye for now... :)

#15 · (Edited)
new here too...

I love this site - I wish I had more time to post!

We've had Molly since Dec 06 (she's about 18mos. now) and we're getting Riley in about 2-3 weeks! Our breeder will take Molly for a few days and get the two acquainted before Riley joins our home.

Here's Riley's latest pics - we call him Smiley Riley cuz he always looks like he's smilin'!

Attachments

#16 ·
Oh how cute is that face? Not to mention your daughter's. Adorable picture!
It's great that the breeder will take Molly in for a few days. Wonderful idea! Good luck and let us know once Smiley Riley's home with you. :)

#21 ·
Hi Leslie! Welcome!

We have a cat named Shadow and my Hav Ricky is black with a bit of white on his chest and chin, just like your sweetie there. Too cute!

Hope to get to you know among the threads throughout the forum. Feel free to post with questions if you need to. :)

#23 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum. We are expecting our "Benny" to come here, to his new home June 1st. He's two and beautiful. We will proudly post pictures asap. We are purchasing him from Kathy at Bellahavanese. Kathy if you read this posting, thank you for letting us know about the forum.

#24 ·
Welcome aboard, Norma! Oh, I am sure you will LOVE your little Benny from Kathy! You're going to have to give us more details and of course share some photos if you can. We are a curious bunch. :)

I'm Marj, Super Yakker apparently. ahem..... ;) I'm a SAHM of 3 (17, 15 and 12) and have two adorable boy Havs, Ricky and Sammy.

I can't wait to hear more and get to know you through your posts. Glad you joined. :)

#25 ·
Wow! What a friendly bunch of folks! I'm sure glad I've joined you!

So, I thought Shadow was such an original name...Ha! I figured since she was black and stuck to me like my shadow it was an appropriate name for her. My daughter was recently looking at a list of popular dog names and informed me "Shadow" was listed as #8. So much for originality!

A little about me: I'm a special ed teacher who has a private practice here in my home. In fact, that's why I wound up getting a Havanese in the 1st place. I had never even heard of them until I began researching dog breeds online. I was looking for one w/many "special" characteristics: Small, to travel w/us in our RV; friendly with kids and strangers, to be able to handle my students' coming and going; and hypo-allergenic, to not lose clients due to allergies. Well, low and behold, the Havanese breed popped up! What's a Havanese??? After doing much research we decided this was the breed we wanted. We could not be more pleased w/our decision and with Shadow. She's wonderful! Exactly what we wanted/needed.

Paige, it's funny you mention MHS. My DH has already given the "go ahead" to get another. This, from the man who didn't really want a dog in the 1st place! Goes to show how these little ones steal our hearts!

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Havahug,
Leslie

#26 ·
Leslie, Welcome!! Yes - that MHS is VERY bad!!!:D And sadly we only encourage it!! Glad to hear hubby wants another, mine was the same way, never wanted any & fell so in love with our first girl that it didnt take much coaxing to get the 2nd. The 3rd was a little more diffucult, but as you can see, he relented. They are such a great breed and I am sure help you with your students!!
Laurie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.