Havanese Forum banner

Introducing Bailey

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  misstray 
#1 ·
She's finally here! I picker her up yesterday afternoon and we had about an hour and a half hour ride home. She was perfectly content in her crate, playing with her new toys and chewing on a bone until the last thirty minutes. She started to whine and cry a lot, but I didn't want to reinforce the behavior, so I gave her a few words, then just rested my hand next to the door of the crate so she could lick it.

As soon as we got home, she was ripping and running through the kitchen and family room, making herself right at home. The breeder didn't think she'd do well with the crate I purchased as he was used to the wire ones, but she loves her crate and goes in there on her own to play!

So far, she's done well with the potty training. No accidents yesterday, and just one poop in the house this afternoon, but that was my fault. I was in the bathroom and didn't catch her before she went :doh:. I'm trying the bell method at the door. We shall see how that goes!

Bailey went to sleep last night around 9:30 pm, woke me up at 12:30 to potty, and then didn't wake up again until 6:30 am. I was shocked that she slept so long, and feeling blessed! She does well when I put her back in her crate for a nap or relaxation time. I'm trying to make sure that if we've played and she's eaten, if she doesn't go to the bathroom after a try or two, she goes back to her crate and I don't let her out until she whines like she has to go. She seems perfectly content with this concept, and it's worked since she got here!

Here's a video of her playing yesterday when we got home:

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
many happy days together, what a sweetheart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.