Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 29 Times in 28 Posts
1. We used an all natural unscented lip balm to keep Nino's hair out of his eyes until it was long enough for a top knot.
2. Nino was only on puppy food until 6 months. Typically puppy formulas and all life stages formulas vary mostly in fat content. Nino had no issues with the transition. Just shoot for an AAFCO statement that says "all life stages" rather than "maintenance".
3. Depends. Freeze-dried raw will be raw (Stella and Chewy's, Primal, Nature's Variety), but often times the formulas differ. There are a few treats/foods that are freeze dried but NOT raw, so look for the word raw.
4. If you are feeding commercial raw, it should already be nutritionally balanced. No supplements needed that you wouldn't already give with food. Both of mine get pro-biotics, and Mario gets a joint supplement.
5. I would say let her walk so that the connection is a little stronger UNLESS she really has to go asap. Only give additional freedom if she has been accident free for at least 2 weeks, increasing it small bit by small bit. If you give her more freedom and she suddenly starts having accidents again, reduce the freedom.
Last edited by KarMar; 11-19-2016 at 04:31 PM.