Join Date: Aug 2016
Submit Photo: 15
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Thank you both for asking about the skin stuff! I am happy to say that the mange seems to be completely gone. The multiple dips and Revolution seems to have done the trick, and huge blessing in that my other 2 dogs didn't come down with it (we treated them in time, I guess).
Her coat continues to be the strangest thing. I will attach pictures when I am home. If she is curled up, she looks black with gray roots, but when she is walking, you can see the silvery-gray roots most prominently. I still think that in the end, she will be gray with white tummy, feet, and tip of her tail.
As for tricks, I tried so hard to take a page out of Dee-Dee's book and teach her to do Sophie's trick (hope I got those names right) of "go under the box", but wasn't quite able. She will:
1. Get in the box (hide in a box tipped on its side)
2. Go under the box (run under a box that is propped up).
3. Lay down, and we are working on army crawling to me using laying down as a starting point.
4. Sit pretty (which looks like begging)
5. Bunny hop (she will hop a full 7 feet across the floor, cracks me up).
6. Jump through a hula hoop (I don't put it up higher than 3 inches or so, but I think she would zing through it if I put it a foot in the air even).
7. Roll over. We are working on "play dead", but she can't seem to stop from rolling all the way over.
8. Give me 5, and then Give me high 5. We are working on "wave bye bye" using this trick as a starting point.
9. She is just now learning to drop. She loves to play, though, so if she knows I want her to drop something, she will promptly run far away! Ha!
10. Go to bed...no matter where I am, if I say "go to bed", she will run and jump into her ex-pen's open door.
Now, lest I sound like a bragging parent, remember, this dog will not come, sit, stay, has horrible leash manners and isn't fully housebroken! I am going to work on the basics though. Now that her mange is gone, we are going to put her in an obedience class too.
I will try to get a video of her running the gamut of tricks and attach it. You guys are very nice to let me share these things!
I spend my days chasing Mayzie 'n planting daisies! What a blessed life!