Getting my craft on.. - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
Puppy Area * Do not advertise dogs for sale here*

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
angelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 23
Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Getting my craft on..

I couldn't resist it. After his first visit to the Vet where he was made pet of the month, and because he gets chilly around 4am I had to knit him a little jumper. It's not perfect because I couldn't find a pattern small enough, (had to modify one) but I think it's so cute. I'll be making more this weekend.
The Christmas picture is one the Vet Techs took while he was getting his nails trimmed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
angelb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 276
Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 17 Times in 17 Posts
OMG he is so adorable and so very tiny! How much does this precious little bundle weigh? BTW I'm impressed with his sweater, I have no talent in that area. I spent a fortune for a hand knit pure wool fisherman's sweater for my baby, maybe you should start selling them lol.
Maistjarna and angelb like this.
Cmward is offline  
The Following User Nominates Cmward Great Photo:
angelb (12-08-2017)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
angelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 23
Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmward View Post
OMG he is so adorable and so very tiny! How much does this precious little bundle weigh? BTW I'm impressed with his sweater, I have no talent in that area. I spent a fortune for a hand knit pure wool fisherman's sweater for my baby, maybe you should start selling them lol.
Currently 1lb 10.5ozs. The pattern and the tiny amount of Aran wool to make it was less than $10 + time.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
angelb is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Heather's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 3,649
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 88 Times in 87 Posts
Awww....he's too cute for words! How old is your little one? You did a great job on the sweater!

Heather, Scout, Truffles & Sparky
Heather's is offline  
The Following User Nominates Heather's Great Photo:
angelb (12-08-2017)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
angelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 23
Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather's View Post
Awww....he's too cute for words! How old is your little one? You did a great job on the sweater!
6 weeks old. He should still be with his mom,but the owner just wanted rid of the puppies, I presume from the expense of the 8 week shots etc.
Thank you i plan on doing another one this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
angelb is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Layla's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Washington State
Posts: 426
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
He is too precious for words . The sweater is perfect on him!

Christine and Layla

Esplendor's Dulce Cancion CD, RE, BN, TKN, CGC, CGCA

Layla's Mom is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 276
Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 17 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelb View Post
Currently 1lb 10.5ozs. The pattern and the tiny amount of Aran wool to make it was less than $10 + time.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Oh wow, we went to visit our new pup at the breeder last Sat., we got to choose our pup. At 7 weeks he was 3.3 pounds and he is one of the smaller pups. He felt so tiny to me, I always forgot how tiny they are as pups.

Eric reminds me of my first Hav Apollo, who was the runt of his litter and wound up a fit 15 pounds. His breeder thought he'd be between 7-9 lol.

How is Eric doing? He seems like he is adjusting quite nicely...he's a model already!
Cmward is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
angelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 23
Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmward View Post
Oh wow, we went to visit our new pup at the breeder last Sat., we got to choose our pup. At 7 weeks he was 3.3 pounds and he is one of the smaller pups. He felt so tiny to me, I always forgot how tiny they are as pups.

Eric reminds me of my first Hav Apollo, who was the runt of his litter and wound up a fit 15 pounds. His breeder thought he'd be between 7-9 lol.

How is Eric doing? He seems like he is adjusting quite nicely...he's a model already!
That's so exciting, have you picked out names? my husband is smitten already and said I can have another for our wedding anniversary in March.

Well firstly, we changed his name last night to Alcide! 🤣 Not sure Eric is a good fit. He's young enough and I have enough kids that I forget his name multiple times a day anyway and just end up calling him sweetie/darling/poppet/baby!
He's doing great, he had his first vet visit and everything is perfect eyes heart skin everything, no worms, we discussed a delayed/altered vaccination program and my vet was completely fine with that. He advised I could wean him off the puppy formula this week and to continue to offer the food. The vet likes the choice of food.
He gets a on a treat with my 50lb rough collie (rescued from a breeder - She had her last litter of pups earlier this year so her maternal instinct kicked in) and he also puppy rough houses with my 13lb cairn terrier. All supervised of course.
Kids and husband love him to pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
angelb is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 04:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 276
Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 17 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelb View Post
That's so exciting, have you picked out names? my husband is smitten already and said I can have another for our wedding anniversary in March.

Well firstly, we changed his name last night to Alcide! 🤣 Not sure Eric is a good fit. He's young enough and I have enough kids that I forget his name multiple times a day anyway and just end up calling him sweetie/darling/poppet/baby!
He's doing great, he had his first vet visit and everything is perfect eyes heart skin everything, no worms, we discussed a delayed/altered vaccination program and my vet was completely fine with that. He advised I could wean him off the puppy formula this week and to continue to offer the food. The vet likes the choice of food.
He gets a on a treat with my 50lb rough collie (rescued from a breeder - She had her last litter of pups earlier this year so her maternal instinct kicked in) and he also puppy rough houses with my 13lb cairn terrier. All supervised of course.
Kids and husband love him to pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
We have named our new little guy Milo, I just posted a photo in the puppy section. I usually take a while to pick a name and then get H to agree but we settled on this immediately. We also got the puppy we were hoping for

Alcide is quite the name for such a little guy lol. Are you a True Blood fan?

Sounds like he landed himself in the perfect spot...I'm not surprised you are all smitten, they are a wonderful breed.
angelb likes this.
Cmward is offline  
The Following User Nominates Cmward Great Photo:
angelb (12-09-2017)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
angelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 23
Submit Photo: 11
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmward View Post
We have named our new little guy Milo, I just posted a photo in the puppy section. I usually take a while to pick a name and then get H to agree but we settled on this immediately. We also got the puppy we were hoping for

Alcide is quite the name for such a little guy lol. Are you a True Blood fan?

Sounds like he landed himself in the perfect spot...I'm not surprised you are all smitten, they are a wonderful breed.
Milo! That's amazing! Sounds awesome.

Is it that obvious! Yes TB fans here, I thought Alcide would be a little ironic, big burly wolf, tiny little dog!

The sweater worked great, he hasn't gotten cold and has slept through the night. I'm up with flu and Vertigo.

How long before you get to go and get Milo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
angelb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome