good luck with the bath!! every dog is different, he may not mind it at all *fingers crossed*. Mine isnt a fan of it... she's nervous and I do wish I would have bathed her more frequently as a little pup. The younger they are the quicker they adapt to things ... it just becomes more of a challenge the older they get, but they do get there and she is getting better with the baths.... treats/toys dont work for her in the tub, even her favourite treats, but it may work for some dogs.
this is what I do:
- Brush before hand
- Keep a mat or towel down in the tub/sink so they have a good grip
- Have all your bathing supplies out and ready (caps off bottles, towels out, I use a small container to rinse the water off her head/face because I find it's easier than the sprayer)
- do the body 1st (it's easier!)
- Dry with a hair dryer (even a little bit in the summer). As a little pup I would put the dryer on around Gabby everyday to get her use to it (bring her in the room when I i was drying my hair so she got use to the sound), then once she was comfortable with that I started putting it on her (just a little), to get her use to it... and boy does she love it now!
- Brush again
- Be prepared for one frisky pup!
let us know how it goes!!