Join Date: Nov 2017
Submit Photo: 109
Photo Submissions 57 Times in 57 Posts
It sounds like you did your due diligence seeking out a responsible breeder and have been waiting on the list, knowing the lists are long right now. I would be inclined to wait unless there is a really compelling reason otherwise. There are legitimate reasons why something might change with a breeder right now and a puppy would become available, but there are also a lot of sketchy situations out there as a result of puppy fever. I would be incredibly vigilant about verifying all health testing, screening and personally meeting the breeder, everything, before changing the plan. This is important for any puppy, but any breeder with puppies available immediately I’d be extra careful in screening. It’s completely possible there isn’t a problem at all, but the alternative is a hidden puppy farm type situation. A few less months of waiting is not worth a lifetime of health, socialization and training challenges. Personally I’d try to do as much of this as possible before meeting the puppy because after holding and snuggling her it would be easy to overlook any red flags!