Havanese Forum banner

Paris

3K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  juliav 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
Im in Paris, :D

If anything goes wrong or we get some spam will yall pm Dawna. She can delete it or help with anything.So far everything looks good. Im able to get online, so I should be able to check. but Im in and out. After all, Im IN PARIS!!! :D :D :D :D

I have to check on my dogs. My sister has Stogie and my best friend from high school has Goldie. Im worried! hehe.

Melissa

#5 ·
Bon jour! Melissa!! Paris is our FAV place to visit(plus we have friends there and in Monaco!) I've spent several birthdays there with my 50th being the most special!:) Are you there for business or pleasure or a little of both??;) Enjoy yourself and take lots of pics!! Bon nuit!! vicki

#11 ·
Bon voyage, Melissa!! J'espère que tu t'amuseras beaucoup à Paris. Comme je suis jalouse!

Our oldest, Alex, is going to France end of May for an intern'l soccer tournament and I SO wish I could go too! I just love soccer, but there will be one night in Paris for the team, so that would be nice too. ;)

#15 ·
Obviously Marj my hubs & I needed you with us on all our France trips! Believe me, what we did to the French language was not pretty! And in a Texas accent too....whew!!!:eek: Vicki(my grandmother was French, Cynthia Beauchamp....didn't help "my french" any!)
I haven't heard any Texans speak French, so I'll have to take your word for it, Vicki! :p lol My mom is Fr. Canadian one of 9 kids and my dad is English, half Newfie and half Nova Scotian and an only child. Growing up with both families was great! We had the best of both worlds, I always thought. :)

#17 ·
Yeah, right after the first time we went to France there was a commercial on here in US. It was a rather "portly" woman from the deep south going into a "shoo-shoo-shee-shee" French boutique trying to communicate with the sales lady. OMG....it was MOI just bigger.....I believe she said something like "excuseeemoiii"(you've got to really drawwww it out!).:eek: In my case I was looking for some slacks....all I could think of was the word "pantelone"(not sure what language that is??:confused: ) I could see she was trying NOT to laugh in my face.....that's been 6 years ago and they are probably still talking about the crazy American!!:D I think they appreciated the fact that atleast I TRIED!!!:rolleyes:

#18 ·
Vicki.....I don't know what's worse....speaking French with a Texan accent or my husband in France speaking English with a French accent :eek: . My daughter and I were SO embarrassed!!:eek: Somehow he thought people could understand him better if he asked, "Where is ze museum?" :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.