Havanese Forum banner

Scissors!

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  JASHavanese 
#1 ·
Last night I took a pair of scissors to capote..lol. It wasn't my GREATEST idea and I'm still fixing little spots on his coat where his fur looks choppy but he looks cooler and less 'shaggy'. His fur has been getting to me the last few weeks while its growing out..especially on his backside and underneath on his tummy. I would take him to a groomer but I think I would cry if I came back and he had short hair or they didn't scissor clip him. I'm just hoping in time that my spur of the moment choppings will get better. He's still got a lot of fur it's just..shorter in the back now! lol. I'm not upset..just wish I went to dog grooming school or something...lol. Hair grows back just as fur does..

See less See more
#8 ·
I don't know. He looks awfully good to me.

#9 ·
mm..capote is 6 months old yesterday. As for how much I took off? ...eh..an inch here...centimeter there. As for my technique? ...I like to say I have sort of a hunt and peck style. If it looks long I cut it. I do that..squish the hair between the fingers and lob that off too..if it looks uneven I cut it till it looks moderately even. there is no rhyme or reason to it..I don't protest to being a dog groomer..lol..not even a lil bit. And if you saw him in person you'd probably stop complimenting me..lol

#11 ·
I hope Jax has a decent coat. So far he just looks like a scruffy mutt dog (with loads of personality:) ). He is so adorable but his coat is stringy & scraggly. He doesnt have a nice thick plush puppy coat that i see so many Havs here with. Well, at least this way i can keep him in a puppy cut if his coat isnt nice(easier maintenance).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.