Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums (https://www.havaneseforum.com/forum.php)
-   Puppy Area (https://www.havaneseforum.com/8-puppy-area/)
-   -   gabbys hair color? (https://www.havaneseforum.com/8-puppy-area/15915-gabbys-hair-color.html)

Ruthi 01-01-2012 12:05 AM

gabbys hair color?

1 Attachment(s)
Just wondering if anyone has seen this before, and wondering what I can expect her final color to be. She is chocolate and white, but, as time goes on, she is getting a color that looks silverish in the roots of her hair. I attached a picture of the top of her head to show what I am talking about. She is 4 months old. I attached a couple of other pics on previous thread.

rdanielle 01-01-2012 12:35 AM

narci 01-01-2012 03:06 AM

oreo's mom is pure chocolate and his dad is tanned coloured. oreo is mostly black with brown pigment. he looks brownish in the sun. his muzzle around the nose is brown and so is the underside of his paws. he also has some white on his chin snd spot on his chest.

oreo has bands of grey/silver mostly around his butt and hind legs. it's like black, silver/grey then black again.

rokipiki 01-01-2012 08:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
They change colour a lot. She will deffinitely be much lighter. When Roki came to me he was chestnut brown. gradually he lighten up, but now (he is two) he is regainig some colour. Look at the pictures!

Ruthi 01-01-2012 01:36 PM

wow, that is amazing. I know that some change colors, but, I didnt think chocolate colored ones changed that much. Cant wait to see how she will turn out.

Ruthi 01-01-2012 01:41 PM

I just looked at that link. I guess she has some of the chocolate silver gene. A big surprise.

miller123 01-01-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narci (Post 413186)
oreo's mom is pure chocolate and his dad is tanned coloured. oreo is mostly black with brown pigment. he looks brownish in the sun. his muzzle around the nose is brown and so is the underside of his paws. he also has some white on his chin snd spot on his chest.

oreo has bands of grey/silver mostly around his butt and hind legs. it's like black, silver/grey then black again.

omg, thats exactly what miller has, they sound so much the same its scary, they could be twins.

TilliesMom 01-01-2012 11:40 PM

lucky duck! a chocolate silver!!!? awesome!!! I think the havs that silver out are some of the most unique and gorgeous ones around!!! enjoy her and her colors!!

narci 01-03-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miller123 (Post 413263)
omg, thats exactly what miller has, they sound so much the same its scary, they could be twins.

probably similiar because they are actually brothers hahaha