Havanese Forum banner

Kodi's Journey South

3K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  krandall 
#1 ·
Thought you'd enjoy some photos from our vacation, since I got done with the puppy pix. (first things first!:biggrin1:)

This group is on the way south, then Sky Line Drive in VA.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
These are at Natural Bridge Virginia:

Attachments

#3 ·
And these are in Gettysburg. Incidentally, all these places (plus Lancaster County) were completely dog-friendly. Just have your dog on leash, and they are welcome everywhere except in buildings. We even found a number of places with outdoor seating so we could have him with us at lunch. (On Sky Line Drive, services are almost non-existent, so that was picnic area for all of us!!!:))

Attachments

#4 ·
beautiful countryside. A little early for the color change?

#6 ·
Yes, we got back on Sept. 30th. Down south there were just a FEW trees showing a bit of color at the very end of the trip. As we drove back through PA, there was a LOT of color, but that weekend was a wash-out weather wise, so no pix.

#7 ·
Here are a few foliage shots I got. There was a bit, but it was spotty:

Attachments

#8 ·
And here are some wildlife pix I took on the trip. Kodi was with us the whole time, and I was pleased and surprised that he did nothing to frighten animals away!

Attachments

#9 ·
A couple more. Did you know mink swim like otters?!?! I didn't!

Attachments

#11 ·
great pics Karen. Hey can you see what looks like the image of a dog with it's left paw raised, in the right hand pic with the red floral and rocks. Cool.

This post has been deleted
#16 ·
I'm not sure, but I THINK it was a common water snake, from what I've been able to see on the web. It was really lovely, with subtle markings, shading from bluish grey to brick red. It's obviously not a pit viper, but I don't know snakes from that area at all and I do know there are venomous snakes in VA. We just let it bask on the wall. It didn't bother us, and we didn't bother it. It looks like I was really close taking the picture, but I had a pretty long lens on the camera. :biggrin1: We walked past it in both directions about a half hour apart, and it hadn't moved an inch.

The funny thing was that Dave (my Dave) was MUCH more freaked out by the spider!:biggrin1:)

#17 ·
Karen,
Great pics! Maybe not the snake and spider though. How close were you or did you have a zoom? I'm in PA and the leaves aren't changing too much but when they do it goes fast! Timmy and I saw a fawn about a month ago and he was really quiet too, I don't think he knew what it was. I didn't want to get too close though I didn't know where mom was.

#18 ·
For the snake I was probably about 3 ft away... Just far enough away not to bother him. For the spider, I used a 100mm macro. For the others, I used my Tamron 18-270 zoom. The deer were very close to the car, but I needed the full length for the mink and heron.

#26 ·
The threatening cloud ones were in Gettysburg, and by the afternoon, it was spitting, by that night, it was torrential rain, which lasted all weekend. We actually cut our trip short by a day, because it didn't make much sense to sit around in the trailer (or ride around in the truck) in that kind of rain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.