Havanese Forum banner

The Havanese Breed Magazine Issue #22 September/October 2013

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nathanp 
#1 ·
Issue #22 of The Havanese Breed magazine is the 4th magazine in our 4th year in publication. I hope you all continue to enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy putting it together. For those with an annual e-subscription it is available for downloading now at www.havanesebreed.com/pdf. The printed version has been sent off to the Printers and will be available next week. If you haven't yet ordered issue #22, please place your order now. For those of you that started your subscription on issue #17 or earlier you need to re-subscribe now. Thank you.

Issue #22 contains the following articles: Spoiled Rotten by Gillian Ridgeway, Camera Options for 2013 by Steven Ng, Hav To Do List by Dave Thorpe, Havanese Club of America National Specialty 2013 by Scott Tomassi, Best Veteran by Marcella Lee, American Havanese Nationals by Tracy Smith, Dog Tales, Road Trip by Saki Fry, On the Road Again by Lyn McLean, So You Think You Can Dance? by Anne Duncan, Beyond the Ring, Match Play by Suzanne McKay, A Day in the Life, Training the Help by Suzie Kalman, A Uniquely British Perspective by Wendy Allenby, More from a Uniquely British Perspective by Sue Edwards, The Friend of My Life by Alfredo Sanz Perzaz, Canadian Havanese National Specialty in Halifax, Nova Scotia 2013 by Tracy Smith, At Cherry Beach Dog Park by Inge and Jim Shears, Tales from the Beach Volume 22 Three Dog by Tom Wettlaufer, and Common Sense Dog Training by Kathryn Braund, our Emeritus everything who is celebrating her 93rd birthday.

I shot nearly two thousand photos at the 2013 American Havanese National Specialty in Chicago, available now for your viewing pleasure. I took the photos for the Havanese Breed magazine and the greater Havanese community. I took them for my pleasure and I took them for you. Enjoy them.
If you see a photo of you or your dog you really like, most likely one of your dog as my focus was truly on the dogs, please make a small contribution at the web site. With your contribution I will gladly send you a particular photo in the original hi-res file size. Email me at nathan@havanesebreed.com if you wish to discuss any part of this. If I can get enough contributions I can justify doing more "shoots" like this.
Of course I also used photos I took in this 22nd issue of the Havanese Breed magazine.
Go to our home page at www.havanesebreed.com. On the left hand side titled 2013 USA National Havanese Specialty is the link to them all.

The Havanese Breed magazine is devoted to the breed, and remains independent of any club. Every month we bring you great articles, information, advice, humor, and guidance on a wide variety of subjects, concerns, training, nutrition, breeding, care, shows and products from a half a dozen countries all a part of the greater Havanese community. Share in the love! Please join us now and subscribe today.

Since issue #14, The Havanese Breed magazine has also been available IN PRINT! For those of you that wish to receive a printed magazine in the mail you now have that option. Follow this link: www.havanesebreed.com/printed/ and scroll down just a bit to the SUBSCRIBE button.

THIS IS NOT A CLUB MAGAZINE. We are not affiliated with the Havanese Club of America http://www.havanese.org/ or the Havanese Fanciers of Canada http://www.havanesefanciers.com/ although I would like to think we have an excellent working relationship with both.

WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH Havanese Rescue in Canada http://www.havaneserescue.ca/ or the USA http://www.havaneserescue.com/ but there is nothing I wouldn't do for them, to help with their respective missions.

Nathan Potechin
Editor and Publisher
The Havanese Breed Magazine
www.havanesebreed.com

See less See more
#2 ·
great pictures Nathan, good thing for digital technology, or it would Hav cost you a fortune.

#3 ·
No kidding. :) I took over 3,000 photos. I spent weeks going through them one at a time and deleting those that were not acceptable. My focus was so much on the dogs themselves that it was not unusual for me to totally miss something behind the dogs that could not be in the shot. If I started 'Photoshopping' all those kinds of errors I'd have been at it for a year.
I'm glad you liked them. I did manage to retain 1900 of them.
Nathan

#4 ·
Nathan, I just wanted you to know how much I'm enjoying your beautiful magazine. This will be my fourth issue, I love the articles and I'm really glad I subscribed. It's obvious how much work you put into it and I look forward to seeing that envelope in my mailbox. Thank you!

#7 ·
I am very happy to say that Dave is now a regular contributor and an asset to the magazine! : - )
I didn't yet get back the printed copies form the Printer. I am expecting them by Tuesday next week.
I really enjoy doing the magazine. It is just another way to connect with the greater Havanese community in which we all play our part.
Thank you
Nathan
www.havanesebreed.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.