Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums (https://www.havaneseforum.com/forum.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.havaneseforum.com/6-general-discussion/)
-   -   liver shunt surgery (https://www.havaneseforum.com/6-general-discussion/5725-liver-shunt-surgery.html)

littlebuddy 08-30-2008 05:45 AM

liver shunt surgery

well, after many vets later, we have decided to up djangos liver shunt surgery from october 2nd to next friday. he just can't continue for a few more weeks in the condition he is in. i lost more weight, i am afraid he will just get sicker and weaker. we are confident in the vets and his procedure, the surgery is done arthroscopiclaly. we have educated our selves as much as possible with this potential condition and are confident in our decision. has anyones dog had liver shunt surgery? i'd love feedback on their recovery etc. i spoke with a woman with a yorkie whose dog had the surgery and she said she has a new dog, he's doing great. love the feedback! thanks

good buddy 08-30-2008 08:56 AM

I wish I could help you, but I haven't been through this myself. I'm sure it's been a whirlwind of research and vet visits for you though and I hope the end result is a healthy Django. I will be thinking of you both on Friday.

Missy 08-30-2008 09:17 AM

I have nothing to offer except my support! and lots of hugs to you and your family and belly rubs to django. I'll be sending out positive, healing thoughts next friday. Please keep us posted.

JeanMarie 08-30-2008 09:25 AM

Sending you best wishes. I am sure you've made the right decision based on all of your research. I just know your little guy will be as good as new.

(((Hugs))) Jean

Leslie 08-30-2008 09:37 AM

Django's mom~ Linda's (lfung5) Bella had liver shunt surgery and is doing well. I know if you PM or email her she'll be happy to give you any info to help ease your mind. She doesn't get on here as often as she used to so, email may be the better way to reach her.

My prayers and healing thoughts are w/you and Django.

Missy 08-30-2008 09:44 AM

Djangos Mom, we would love to be able to direct our prayers to you by name. Could you share your first name with us. I feel so sad about django.

mckennasedona 08-30-2008 11:06 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Django has to have surgery. We'll be sending prayers and good thoughts his way for a successful surgery and and easy recovery. Poor guy. I hope, like the Yorkie, that he gets back to being a happy, healthy Hav.

mellowbo 08-30-2008 11:24 AM

I'm sending healing vibes for a fast recovery for your little buddy!!
Carole

littlebuddy 08-30-2008 12:01 PM

missy, my name is ageleke and thanks to everyone for their prayers

Missy 08-30-2008 12:08 PM

Ageleke, you and Django are getting all my positive thoughts...