Havanese Forum banner

Hey Southern Californians...

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  mellowbo 
#1 ·
The next meeting of the Havanese Club of Southern California will be held on Saturday August 8th in conjunction with the South Bay Kennel Club show in Torrance, CA.

Havanese judging will be in Ring 3 at 1:00 p.m. after 17 other dogs.

The meeting will begin at 2:30 p.m.at a location that will be announced ringside.

Linda Strike
HCSC Secretary

And for those of you not going to Nationals, you can get chances to win the quilts from me in person...and get it in by the August 12 deadline!

It's my birthday too...and I get a Saturday off! Hope to see some of you there. It is at North High School in Torrance. Parking is free.

#4 ·
I'll be at the show. My 10 year old daughter will be showing Scout in Junior Handling (Junior Novice). It is her first show (as well as Scout's first show). Not sure we'll still be there when the Havs show, but maybe we'll stay for a bit if it isn't too hot.

And, I read that parking is $5.

For those more experienced, my daughter's judging time is 10:25. What time should we shoot to arrive at the show?

#5 ·
Hey Michiganders!

Do you guys ever have play dates? I would love to host everyone at my house but I don't have a fenced area. There is a nice dog park close to me that has a small dog area... Anyway, I'd be willing to travel east if anything is planned.

#7 ·
A fun day in Torrance...

Leslie and Carole were there and lots of new friends. Saw Valee win again!

Didn't take my dogs so I could enjoy chatting with everyone and actually WATCHing the dog show. Riki is too interested in visiting all his havanese buddies and he pulls me all over the place to find them usually!

Beautiful dogs in the ring. How does a judge choose?

We also learned that our dear departed mentor, Susan Nelson, lost another Shaggy Luv...Sandy passed away yesterday. My regards and love to David Nelson...who still has Tippy, Buster, and Tina at home with him. Sue is still with me whenever I am with havanese. It was she who helped me learn to be a good havamom. I miss her so much.

Carole and Leslie came with strollers and two good dogs who stayed in them. Vinny and Tori were very well behaved!

#8 ·
fun birthday

So fun to see havanese puppies on my birthday. Good thing Freidith's were all spoken for...or I might have had to get myself a present.

Instead I bought a beautiful wooden lazer framed havanese. And some Remoisturizer with Aloe.

My poor dogs still are itching. Those darn fleas are everywhere in our neighborhood!

Linda Okimoto

#9 ·
Sorry we didn't get to stop by to see the Havanese today -- we left before they showed. My daughter showed in the Junior Novice today. She was very nervous. She finished second (out of two :)). But, I thought she and Scout did great for their first show. She'll be giving it another try tomorrow and again at the Havanese Nationals (where she is the only Junior Novice).

Attachments

#10 ·
Linda~ It was a fun day and what a great way to spend your "26th" birthday :party:

Sure hope the re-moisturizer works for poor little Daisy's itching. I would still love to see a pic of her lowchen haircut *hint, hint*

Diane~ Sorry we missed you. Congratulations to Scout and your daughter. I admire her courage to even go into the ring.

#12 ·
Vallee won best of breed again today...

I told her her mommy loved her, and she gave me a little kiss after the show. She is so happy in the ring! Her Southern Cal family adores her too.

It is hard to show here in the morning as we have morning dew all over the grass...but these dogs are true pros and did very well.

I might go back later today to see who wins BIS!

#14 ·
Did you guys move here?

i wish I could have seen her today. I went to watch the havanese at 9:10. I wonder how Vallee did at the end of the show.

How wonderful for your daughter. I just did a b match and was a wreck! The tension is high...and I think the dogs pick it up from how nervous we are. I think kids probably do better cuz they don't have to worry about professional handlers or politics that adults seem concerned with...kids just enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.