Havanese Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of our puppy owners sent us an email telling about their dog's 16th Birthday today. She came from here 16 years ago. She's doing fine, and looked great in her pictures, but I won't post someone else's pictures publicly. We love to hear from past puppies.

That family also has a second one that came from us who is nine years old, and looks like a big puppy. She's a full Sister to Karen's Kodi.

Several of the puppies we have now are going to owners of past puppies from here. Some for a second one, and some to replace those who have gone on and left a hole.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know it must warm your heart to hear from your puppy owners... especially from so long ago! I make it a point to give updates to the breeders I've gotten my dogs from through the years and they always appreciate it. I need to give Naomi's breeder an update right now. It's been a couple of months since she's heard how much we love the perfect dog she raised and allowed to join our family.

·
Registered
861 Posts
That is so sweet! It must feel great to know that your puppies have enriched so many lives and that the dogs are so loved and doing great, especially at 16.
Shadow's breeder said she likes to keep in touch with her puppies especially Shadow because he was a return twice. She developed serious health issues shortly after I got him apparently, has fallen out of touch and stopped breeding. I wish I knew how the rest of his litter are doing.

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
That's great that you get to hear about your pups. Shama had one brother, but Shama's breeder has not heard from that family since they picked up their pup. Shama sees her breeder several times a year as she is the president of the North Star Havanese Club, and we go to almost all their events. She also was babysat by her breeder while I went to a show in Minneapolis one day last spring! Shama is always so excited to see her breeder!

💚💛🧡💜💙

·
Registered
943 Posts
So wonderful to hear that kind of update! I always try to update Charlie’s breeder every so often and she’s always so happy to hear from us. And Jo’s too…. Breeders play such a critical role in making them the dogs they are, it only seems right!

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
We never hear from well over half of the puppies that started here, but our refrigerator is covered with cards around Christmas time from a lot of them.
I know I'm just starting, but that would be heartbreaking! (the half you don't hear from!) What is WRONG with people?!?!

Reactions: Sheri
1 - 8 of 8 Posts