Havanese Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wish I could go. But any extra money I have at that point will be spent on training Cey for showing, and also on everything else I spend on him haha ;).

By the way Julie, your link to the room reservation seems to be broken... the link goes just to 'http://2012havanesen....wordpress.com/' which isn't a valid link...

Will this be televised at all, do you know? I would love love love to watch even if we don't attend...
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.....I fixed it with updated links.

· Registered
899 Posts
Coming in on Thur-missing the Wonderful HRI Dinner & Auction-and the Parades-Darn it-but at least will get to catch some of the fun & beautiful dogs.

Pat

9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
AWESOME! I can't wait to see you Elizabeth and Pat!
Diann I hope you decide to come!

I booked my room just days ago......I will arrive Wed and leave Sunday!

· Registered
9,654 Posts
Pat, I cannot believe that you are missing the banquet AND the rescue parade ??you have been a fixture at the parade !! I figured Mr Rommie and Tula would walk this year. I am so sad! :Cry::Cry:

· Registered
899 Posts
I am really bummed about that-but I have to be in Reno two weeks later so not able to take Thur off-have to work till noon. Mr Rommie, Ms Tula & Miss Paige will all be coming-just to hang around the HRI table-we love selling the tickets and talking to everyone.

Pat

9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks Julie. It sounds like fun. Is it a place where I could bring pet Havs, not showing or competing?
Yes...some people do bring their havs along with them. The hotel usually has requirements that must be met...like when you leave your room they must wear a belly band or bitch britches at all times. The hotel also has a requirement that you keep your dogs quiet when you are not in your room so as not to disturb other guests. When I was in Chicago at Nationals there were a few complaints about leaving dogs unattended and them barking excessively etc. that I heard about. There are times they can not be with you.....such as at the banquet dinner etc. so you will want to plan accordingly.

It is so much fun seeing all the dogs,having fun at the rescue auction,dinners and socializing that I prefer to leave mine at home. This way,I don't have to worry about him and can enjoy myself without that additional thought. There are people who bring their dogs though,so don't hesitate if that is important to you.

Hope you decide to go!

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Here is the update for anyone want to or thinking about attending.

We worked, and we worked, and we chewed our nails to stubs getting it all done, 4 of us putting it all into a (hopefully)seamless registration process for you. We tested and tested, had lots of fixes, and corrections, but it finally looks like you can register for the nationals and make sure you get the merchandise you want and the food you want, and the education you want, and the events you want all lined up. I just did it and it did seem seamless. Try it......
and again the website for the Nationals is......

nona dietrich

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Not sure if I will be able to attend, though I hope I can, but not sure if I will have my girl to show or not. so we shall see. :D

· Janet Hicks
276 Posts
Sorry if this has already been posted, just popping in to try to round up more volunteers!
From the HRI event Chair:

Good morning...
Our big night is a week from today! We have had a HUGE influx of donations, close to 250 items this year!

We have clearance to begin setting up Thursday morning as planned.

We will do the set-up and staging in the Wood Duck Pond Room beginning at 11:00 a.m.

Lori Brostrom is bringing all the items she has been collecting for us from donors all over the country.

She has sorted through, labeled and made either raffle box toppers or silent auction bid sheets for all these items!!!

If you can grab a friend to come either at 11 a.m. for setting up or 4: p.m. (to help with the move) or both times, please bring them.

I still need commitments for selling tickets....the biggest key element. No tickets sales, no money for HRI ☹.

Let me know if you can ask some of your friends if they have interest in doing this.

See you next week. I will be arriving on Sunday the 8th. I will have my cell with me 239-821-0699 if you need to find me.

Hugs to all...
Charlene

---------------------------------------------

PLEASE help with this event. It can all be done so quickly if we get enough help. Otherwise it falls upon just a few.....Send me a note if you want to sell tickets or can give a little time with set up or moving tables. THANK YOU!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.