Havanese Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
This year they said they were going to give people an armband or something, that gets you into the row, but not a specific seat. That way people could move around or whatever. The $250 seats I believe are specific to each person. I bought a front row ($40) seat - this is my first Havanese national and I want to see everything!!!!
That's what I was thinking of doing too... I just want to be able to sit with my friends! :) I don't need an embroidered chair, thank you! ;)

I'm registered, but now I think I've got to go back in and change everything around. At first my DH said he would go, and we'd take the trailer. Then he said he'd go, but he wanted to stay at a campground "nearby". When I looked into that option, and found that the "nearest" campgrounds were a good hour away, he decided he didn't want to go. So I have to UN-register him, (for the banquets and stuff) and it looks like I'll end up having to UN-reserve an RV spot and get a room. If he weren't sick, I'd be ready to slug him! ;)

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh, my.... right now we have the rv spot & 2 rooms - so once we're sure who all is actually coming we'll figure it out. The current plan is to drive the rv, park it and stay in the hotel.

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of the post that says where to send donations for the HRI auction at the specialty? I know there was one, but I can't find it now. I have a few items I'd like to donate.

· Registered
141 Posts
I'm in Milwaukee and would love to come down for a day and check things out and meet some Hav people. Is this possible? Can I buy a day ticket? Also, is this a kind of event you can bring a dog too that isn't an exhibitor? Thanks!

· Jen, Timmy and Mae
1,672 Posts
From what I have read, unless your dog is registered to participate in something at the show you can't bring them. I'm sure someone else will chime in that might be able to confirm this. My daughter wants to check out a college in Chicago so I'm trying to decide if I should try and combine these two events to justify the trip. I asked my daughter if she would be game to hang out with mom and all her crazy dog friends and she said she really wants to see the Art Inst of Chicago so I'm seriously considering. I will check out replies to your post about only going one day. I think you can buy tickets for one day though. I'd love to see Kodi do his stuff though if I go.

2,550 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of the post that says where to send donations for the HRI auction at the specialty? I know there was one, but I can't find it now. I have a few items I'd like to donate.
Karen, check out the thread entitled, Havanese Rescue Banquet and Auction and you will find the address right on #1.

Is Kodi competing at Nationals? If so, in which events? My daughter has business in Chicago and I'm contemplating whether to tag along or not. I know Elinor will be there, so if there are a few people I know, that would make it more interesting. Plus, there may be forum members to meet:rockon:

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
Karen, check out the thread entitled, Havanese Rescue Banquet and Auction and you will find the address right on #1.

Is Kodi competing at Nationals? If so, in which events? My daughter has business in Chicago and I'm contemplating whether to tag along or not. I know Elinor will be there, so if there are a few people I know, that would make it more interesting. Plus, there may be forum members to meet:rockon:
Yes, I'm pretty sure we're going. We're just working out transportation details. It would be great to see you there!!!

And thanks for finding the thread. I knew I'd seen it, but then couldn't find it again for the life of me!!!

· Registered
9,654 Posts
OH JEN, JEN, JEN, JEN......... NOW you MUST go!!!!!!! I will be there from Sunday to Sunday!!!!
I did not know if you knew, but I am the chair for the Havanese Rescue Banquet Auction held on Thursday night (8/8)!!
I would be so thrilled if you came!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOnestly, I have heard that many bring their pups, although they are not supposed to, and not sure if anyone would ever ask you to "prove" that the pup should be there. So you can decide on that yourself. I personally find that it is so much fun to NOT bring my guys! I am usually too busy to feel comfortable bringing my babies.
They have some GREAT seminars during the week that you might want to consider going to! I am going to just about all of them!!!

Let me know if you think you will be going!! I would love to spend time with you there Jen!!!!!
Laurie

· Registered
436 Posts
Finally got registration done and hotel reservations made. Now I just need to find the AKC "book thing" to register for the obedience trail and parades. :) We'll be there Tuesday through Thursday night. I am staying Thursday night ONLY BECAUSE Laurie says the HRI is fantastic and I don't want to have my quilt shipped to Iowa. I'll just pick it up there. :)

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
I've got to figure out what's going on tonorrow. I registered several weeks ago, but when I tried to log on to add some things tonight, it wouldn't let me... It didn't even recognise my e-mail address. I know I registered because I have the PayPal receipt and it has hit my credit card...weird!

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
Finally got registration done and hotel reservations made. Now I just need to find the AKC "book thing" to register for the obedience trail and parades. :) We'll be there Tuesday through Thursday night. I am staying Thursday night ONLY BECAUSE Laurie says the HRI is fantastic and I don't want to have my quilt shipped to Iowa. I'll just pick it up there. :)
What ar you entering, Dian?

· Registered
9,654 Posts
Oh gosh! I don't want to mislead you guys. Thursday night is the HRI banquet/action. Lots of great fun and tons of auction items ! But the quilts are not drawn until after the entire show on Saturday early afternoon. But if you cannot be there on Sat. I promise that the quilt will get to you, safe & sound!, We need everyone there Thursday nite so we can raise as much money as possible for hAvanese rescue!!!

And, please, if you come Thursday night, please come introduce yourself to me as a forum member! I will be the big girl with the big mouth! :)

· Registered
436 Posts
Karen, we're going to enter novice A. A couple of months ago I was feeling pretty confident about Lucy's training so we entered two trials...NQ'd both times. She was so close both times but she was nervous. So though I'd hoped to finish that title at the nationals getting our first leg will be good to.

Are you doing agility? That's on Tuesday, right? Maybe we could come watch if that's what you're doing.

· Registered
436 Posts
Laurieeeeeeee.....

That's okay. It will be for a good cause and august isn't quilt weather anyway; a couple more days wait will be okay. I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can. Can we arrange a meeting place and time or some way of identifying each other?

· Registered
9,654 Posts
You all will receive a name tag - maybe we could all put a little star on the corner of it, or something like that!

So glad you will be staying for Thursday night - it is lots and lots of fun!!!

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
Karen, we're going to enter novice A. A couple of months ago I was feeling pretty confident about Lucy's training so we entered two trials...NQ'd both times. She was so close both times but she was nervous. So though I'd hoped to finish that title at the nationals getting our first leg will be good to.

Are you doing agility? That's on Tuesday, right? Maybe we could come watch if that's what you're doing.
Good for you!!! Kodi's stays are just not ready for the Novice stays yet. I was hoping they would offer the new pre-novice class, but they're not. He already has his BN title, so I'm not really interested in doing a bumper leg there. So on obedience day, we'll do advanced and excellent rally runs to continue working toward his RAE. (we need 10 of those, so we've got a way to go!)

I'm going to enter agility, but I'm not positive yet that I'll run him. I've got to see how it goes between now and then. He got really scared at a trial when a cattle dog got away from the owner and attacked him when I took him out to potty. It didn't harm him physically, but scared the bejezus out of him. Since then, he's been sticky on the start line. If I can get him running, he does fine but sometimes I can't even get him to move. We're working through it with a new trainer, and she think's he'll be OK by then. But if he's not feeling confident, I won't run him.

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
You all will receive a name tag - maybe we could all put a little star on the corner of it, or something like that!
Oh, that's a good idea, Laurie! really easy, and we wouldn't need any extra sort of pin or anything. If there's room on the badge, maybe people could also put their forum user name, if they don't use their regular name on the forum!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.