Havanese Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
9,654 Posts
Yes, the dogs are with you most of the time. All boys must be in belly bands if they are on the floor, and girls must have on panties. The hotel sets up a specific area for potty outside the building. The dogs are NOT allowed in the restaurants or the banquets (rules for areas where food is served) but if you choose to purchase the packaged lunches, you are able to eat them in a common area with the dogs.
One of the grand ballrooms is set up for the show, and a smaller one usually set up for grooming. In the hallways leading to the ballroom all the vendors set up, including HRI - who has a fantastic bunch of items!!! Attached are a few pictures of the HRI banquet room from last year. The rest of my pictures are just of "people" with dogs - lol

Attachments

· Registered
436 Posts
Looks like fun. I'm so excited. "Belly bands and panties when on the floor." Wouldn't that be pretty much all the time or do people carry their dogs in arms, strollers or another way? And how do panties work with all this HAIR? :)

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
Looks like fun. I'm so excited. "Belly bands and panties when on the floor." Wouldn't that be pretty much all the time or do people carry their dogs in arms, strollers or another way? And how do panties work with all this HAIR? :)
This is the part I'm trying to figure out too. I don't think Kodi is going to like the belly band idea, and he's too heavy to carry around. I don't even HAVE belly bands, so that's the first obstacle.

· Registered
141 Posts
This is the part I'm trying to figure out too. I don't think Kodi is going to like the belly band idea, and he's too heavy to carry around. I don't even HAVE belly bands, so that's the first obstacle.
You can get them pretty cheaply at Walmart online. They're the same ones carried at Petsmart and my local holistic store, but much cheaper at Walmart than either of those places. It's pretty hard to get the sizing right, I had to get Hobbes (at 11 pounds) a medium and do some basic alterations to make it much smaller because the small fit but I just felt it was a little too tight. Thank God we don't need those anymore, just needed them at first because he was a serious marker (on his food, on anything, puppy mill bad habits). But, since you don't need them to actually satisfy any purpose you probably wouldn't even have to alter it. Being too lose wasn't a problem for comfort, it just shifted around a bit to much when he lifted his leg and thus didn't work for protection.

· Jen, Timmy and Mae
1,672 Posts
I feel like a Kodi stalker, but is Kodi registered for rally and obedience on Weds the 7th? Also, do you know where this will take place? I heard it wasn't going to be held at the hotel. I am working out details to see if I can get out there with my daughter who also wants to check out a college. Two birds with one stone...

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
I feel like a Kodi stalker, but is Kodi registered for rally and obedience on Weds the 7th? Also, do you know where this will take place? I heard it wasn't going to be held at the hotel. I am working out details to see if I can get out there with my daughter who also wants to check out a college. Two birds with one stone...
Awww, gee! Kodi doesn't think you're a stalker... he's flattered! As his Mom, I hope he lives up to expectations. Dogs are like people. You never know what they might throw at you! ;)

I just filled out the entry forms last night. (still have to put them in the mail, though!) I've entered him in Novice A Standard and Jumpers in Agility (on Tues, and it's off-site... the info is on the web site) I may or may not run him in both classes, depending on how he feels. He will have been in the car for two solid days to get there.

Then he's entered in Rally Advanced and Excellent on Wed. I'm not doing Obedience there, because 3 runs in one day is just too much, and since we're working on our RAE, he has to do both Advanced and Excellent to get another leg. (you need 10 double Q's for the title, and I think he's got 3 so far) Rally and Obedience are in the hotel. I think I'll also throw him in the National Specialty Parades on Thursday, just to give him something (easy) to do that day. :)

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
You can get them pretty cheaply at Walmart online. They're the same ones carried at Petsmart and my local holistic store, but much cheaper at Walmart than either of those places. It's pretty hard to get the sizing right, I had to get Hobbes (at 11 pounds) a medium and do some basic alterations to make it much smaller because the small fit but I just felt it was a little too tight. Thank God we don't need those anymore, just needed them at first because he was a serious marker (on his food, on anything, puppy mill bad habits). But, since you don't need them to actually satisfy any purpose you probably wouldn't even have to alter it. Being too lose wasn't a problem for comfort, it just shifted around a bit to much when he lifted his leg and thus didn't work for protection.
Yeah, we don't need it for anything but to keep the hotel people happy, so as long as it fits around him, it will be good enough.<g> In fact, if it's a bit loose, it might be more comfortable, where he's never worn one before.

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
Girl dogs have to wear panties even if they're spayed? Karen, it will take you two days to drive there? You just made my 6 hours seem like going around the block.
Yes, same as the boys with the belly bands. It isn't because they may be in heat, it's to avoid any pee accidents. Annoying if you've got a well trained dog, but, oh well! :)

I suppose you COULD do it in one VERY long day, but it maps out to almost 16 hours of driving time, not including traffic problems, pee stops, lunch, etc. I'm too old for that type of marathon drive, so we'll break it into two parts! :)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.