Havanese Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the Nationals in NC in Sept? I've been thinking about it, but can't seem to find much info on when entries open and the premium list? Am I missing something or is it just to early still?

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
Anyone going to the Nationals in NC in Sept? I've been thinking about it, but can't seem to find much info on when entries open and the premium list? Am I missing something or is it just to early still?
It's still too early for the premium, but the hotel is taking reservations. I was planning on going, but then work opportunity in Borneo came up, and Borneo won! ;)

If you're on FB, there is a FB group with news posted periodically, and here's the official web site:

Havanese Club of America National Specialty

They did have a list of events up there the last time I looked. Asheville is a beautiful area. The agility will be held outside on the lawn, so a LOT better footing than when they held it in the ballroom on carpet last time, and I believe Obedience and Rally will be in the convention center. Not sure of the flooring there.

· Sophie
1,051 Posts
I will be there with Nino for agility (driving all the way from Minnesota!) After the specialty, we will be driving down to Charleston, SC and then spending a couple days in Nashville on the way back if any forum members would like to meet up :)

As of right now, we are STILL waiting for RegOnline to be up with registration for the entire event, but it will be a bit longer wait on premiums and more specific entries than RegOnline. According to the Facebook page, RegOnline was due up by the 1st of the year.

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
As of right now, we are STILL waiting for RegOnline to be up with registration for the entire event, but it will be a bit longer wait on premiums and more specific entries than RegOnline. According to the Facebook page, RegOnline was due up by the 1st of the year.
Yeah, you have to keep in mind that everyone who works on the specialty is a volunteer, and most try to wear too many hats. Sometimes you do need to wait for them to sort things out. But it's still a GREAT time, and if the Borneo thing hadn't come up, I'd have been there. But... BORNEO! How could I say "no" to that?!?! ;)

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
(Aren't you going to tell us what you'll be doing in Borneo?)
The same thing I do most times when I travel... wade around in swamps in hip waders. ;). I study aquatic plants.

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, North Carolina or Borneo...great choice, Karen! Wonder if they have Havanese in Borneo :biggrin1:

Thanks for the info everyone. I just didn't know if I was missing something. I'll just keep an eye on their website. I'm excited! It sounds like such a fun time.

· Metrowest, MA
32,720 Posts
Wow, North Carolina or Borneo...great choice, Karen! Wonder if they have Havanese in Borneo :biggrin1:

Thanks for the info everyone. I just didn't know if I was missing something. I'll just keep an eye on their website. I'm excited! It sounds like such a fun time.
You'll have a blast! ... And _I_. Will expect LOTS. Of pictures from you guys!!!

· Sophie
1,051 Posts
Hotel is booked, Airbnbs are reserved, registration is finished, and entries are in as of 10 minutes ago. The 2017 national is a go for Nino and me! Hoping to see some of you down there :)

Reactions: ShamaMama

· Sophie
1,051 Posts
Final day of registration (though you can still come watch if you miss the deadline ;) ). Right now our trip to the national is up in the air. Watching Irma closely and saying prayers for our friends and family in Puerto Rico and Florida (among other places).

Would love to hear if anyone else plans on going!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.