Havanese Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog is a Havashu, she looks just like a Havanese, but is petite, weighing just 11 pounds. I really like her size. I will be looking soon for another puppy or dog. I'm wondering if there are other Havashu owners out there? ... and if there are, where did you find your pup? I found Coco on Petfinder when she was 2, but I don't see any rescues like her now.

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Welcome! There are a couple of other mixes on the forum, but I don't think they are that cross. Since that is well within standard size for both Havanese AND Shih Tzus, your girl sounds just about right!

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Registered
943 Posts
And sometimes they’re smaller or bigger! My girl is VERY petite at just over 8 lbs (but kind of tall, so I think she’s actually just within standard), and my boy is 17.5 lbs (also tall, at an inch above standard). But it seems like most are in the 10-12 lb range. If you’re interested in rescue, you should fill out an application with HRI (Havanese rescue). They have so much demand that I don’t think any of those dogs make it to petfinder!

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
And sometimes they’re smaller or bigger! My girl is VERY petite at just over 8 lbs (but kind of tall, so I think she’s actually just within standard), and my boy is 17.5 lbs (also tall, at an inch above standard). But it seems like most are in the 10-12 lb range. If you’re interested in rescue, you should fill out an application with HRI (Havanese rescue). They have so much demand that I don’t think any of those dogs make it to petfinder!
Yes, HRI dogs would NEVER be on Petfinder!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts