Havanese Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sydney is is 5.5 months and is learning things really quickly now! Except “No” !
She is definitely an adolescent.

On the brilliant side: she is great at potty training. She learned how to jump through my husbands arms. She stays and waits like she was born knowing that. And she is a great kisser!

On the brat side: she can escape from her pen (a top is on order.) I was on a zoom and she was safely in her pen. I heard the jumping, and all of a sudden there she was at my side. She is chewing everything in our house. She has decided all of a sudden that grooming is a form of torture (up until now she’s been fine.) I might as well be telling her to “stay” instead of “come.” Sometimes with those good kisses comes a little nip.
And, my good little sleeper is suddenly scratching to get out of her crate early in the morning.

tell me about your little adolescents!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Wood Floor

Dog Blue Dog breed Flooring Carnivore

·
Registered
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Missy, it is nice to see your new pup and to hear from you on here, it's been a long time. I hope little Syndey is keeping you busy enough to distract you a bit from the pain of losing Cash and Jasper. It sounds like she is! 😁

She's a doll!
Sheri, thank you! She is so very different than the boys. But every now and then she does something that reminds me of them. I am not sure how I forgot the boys ever being puppyish. I remember their antics as funny/scary stories… like the time Cash stealthily, patiently chewed through the support dowel under a wicker chair. And the time Jas was chewing on a carpet remnant and got a staple stuck in his mouth actually stapling his jaw stuck. So, I do know they were puppies too! But that was so long ago. In many ways she is easier than they ever were. And oh boy is she keeping us busy.

·
Registered
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your stories! The only thing that really concerns me is the getting out of her pen, cause I’m afraid she’ll hurt herself. (Pen cover comes on Tuesday 🤞) She did it again today. I’m slightly concerned about the biting/mouthing which is never mean spirited, and most people tell me she will stop on her own. But I would hate for it to continue. She does it when she wants us to play, as if we’re her litter mates. So we try and train through those moments ask her to sit, stay, etc. to distract her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts