Havanese Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your post and the photos of the little darling warmed my heart, as we have so recently been through the same thing! Pippin turned 1 on October 12th, and on November 9th passed his CGC test. And everything is gradually getting better. There IS light at the end of the tunnel! Is Sydney going to classes? If not, get her in to school. If she is, know that if you keep it up and are consistent with your training that she WILL grow up. I will admit that we have rearranged some things in the house so they are not temptations for the tiny devil, and we keep our bathroom door closed so that he doesn't have access to toilet paper....but that is just setting him up for success. And the oriental rug is still rolled up on the raised hearth. My first goal is to get it on the floor again with the fringe unmolested. The mouthiness when he is excited is getting better and happens less often. Now with a little training under his belt, I can withdraw my hand and he sit automatically and calms down. I don't even have to give him a hand signal to sit anymore. I will say that even though Pippin was already 6 months old when we got him, his has been the most challenging and tiring puppyhood we have experienced, and that includes Bull Terriers, Bouviers, and Border Collies. His breeder did more socialization with her puppies than any other breeder we have dealt with, so even though he was a returned puppy, he was virtually house trained when he arrived and was used to daily grooming. (Although he used to think he was going to die if you touched his tail.) Now he tolerates everything involved with grooming. We do keep him short and will always do so, as the arthritis in my hands and wrists wouldn't tolerate daily grooming of a normal long Havanese coat. So he will always LOOK like a baby, but that is adorable. And here he is wearing the evidence of one of his transgressions.

Kathy Robbins
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver Companion dog
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Smile Companion dog

1 - 1 of 1 Posts